Hinges

Douglas Jones

I have about 350 small brass plated hinges available. They measure 1" long by 1 1/16". I used these for the custom boxes I used to make up to 10X12 with good success.

If I can find my screws I will include them, otherwise you will have to get your own...I can help with a pretty good source if needed.

$45. gets them shipped to the United States. Paypal is good.

Thank you
Doug

I have about 350 small brass plated hinges available. They measure 1" long by 1 1/16". I used these for the custom boxes I used to make up to 10X12 with good success.

If I can find my screws I will include them, otherwise you will have to get your own...I can help with a pretty good source if needed.

$45. gets them shipped to the United States. Paypal is good.

Thank you
Doug

Doug,
You have a pic of the hinge? Two or three screw per side, smooth or textured finish?
Ted

No, I'm not going to learn how to work this silly camera or the rules of posting a picture on the forum.

It is 2 screws per side, 4 total, smooth, bright finish and down by 100 count.

Doug

I have found the screws, 2500 in total that I'm now going to include. And, here is the new deal!

Yup, I've given away or sold 100 of the hinges...price should drop, yes? Heck NO! Still $45.00 to your door including postage and the screws! Think you're being screwed?? Read on!

I have been contributing to this cause www.DogTagsForKids.com since it's inception. I have received back pictures of kids, smiling like never before seen. Lovely letters of thanks from parents that where able to send their child a token of their love, something that connects them even though they are many miles apart.

There are requests in the system for over 100,000 more tags by parents that can't be filled because Rose (the tireless champ of this program) just has no more funds. She has given up so many hours of her time, wore out machinery for this...can we let it die here and now? Heck no!

Do, here is my deal....first person that confirms that they have donated $45.00 to www.DogTagsForKids.com, not only gets a tax deduction, the knowledge of knowing they have made the day of many, many children and a parent, most likely a wonderful thankyou note from one of America's soldier's/parent....but you get some 250 brass plated hinges and 2500 screws to put them on something with!!!! What a deal.

Doug

Last edited:
No, I'm not going to learn how to work this silly camera or the rules of posting a picture on the forum.

It is 2 screws per side, 4 total, smooth, bright finish and down by 100 count.

Doug

I have found the screws, 2500 in total that I'm now going to include. And, here is the new deal!

Yup, I've given away or sold 100 of the hinges...price should drop, yes? Heck NO! Still $45.00 to your door including postage and the screws! Think you're being screwed?? Read on!

I have been contributing to this cause www.DogTagsForKids.com since it's inception. I have received back pictures of kids, smiling like never before seen. Lovely letters of thanks from parents that where able to send their child a token of their love, something that connects them even though they are many miles apart.

There are requests in the system for over 100,000 more tags by parents that can't be filled because Rose (the tireless champ of this program) just has no more funds. She has given up so many hours of her time, wore out machinery for this...can we let it die here and now? Heck no!

Do, here is my deal....first person that confirms that they have donated $45.00 to www.DogTagsForKids.com, not only gets a tax deduction, the knowledge of knowing they have made the day of many, many children and a parent, most likely a wonderful thankyou note from one of America's soldier's/parent....but you get some 250 brass plated hinges and 2500 screws to put them on something with!!!! What a deal.

Doug

Doug,
Done. I went through PayPal for $50.
Thanks for the link, we will keep up on this also.
Ted and Tami

Ted, thank you for doing this. There are so many organizations doing what they can for the folks in the field, on the bases. This group does a little thing for the children and brings about huge smiles.

I'll box up your hinges and screws and get them headed your way tomorrow morning's mail.

Thank you again.
Doug

Ted, thank you for doing this. There are so many organizations doing what they can for the folks in the field, on the bases. This group does a little thing for the children and brings about huge smiles.

I'll box up your hinges and screws and get them headed your way tomorrow morning's mail.

Thank you again.
Doug

Doug,
After you send it, you tell me what the cost for postage is, and I will Paypal you the postage amount. That's the least I can do.
Again, thanks for the link.:thumb:
Tami, just told me she has forwarded the link to others, more exposure!

Ted

Ted...you and Tami are the greatest! I really appreciate you spreading the word.

As for the shipping, forget about it....just one more contribution to the cause!

I have a couple of PC routers for sale on CL, hoping they will sell so that I can contribute that money also....being unemployed, I don't have spare change, but I can sure give the proceeds of sales of "stuff" to the cause!

Ah well, thank you, and Tami again. Greatly appreciated.

Doug

Ted...you and Tami are the greatest! I really appreciate you spreading the word.

As for the shipping, forget about it....just one more contribution to the cause!

I have a couple of PC routers for sale on CL, hoping they will sell so that I can contribute that money also....being unemployed, I don't have spare change, but I can sure give the proceeds of sales of "stuff" to the cause!

Doug

I remember when my dad was TDY in Korea, he sent my brother and myself a set of miltary fatigues with our names on the pocket, and a beret, we thought that was the greatest, we got something from Dad!
(He's still one of my hero's. Love ya dad!)
Ted

Last edited:

Doug

Doug,
Got the package, thanks again.
Ted