Toy Box Complete

Alex Reid

Here is a toy box I just completed. Well actually not quite as there are only two coats of BLO/Tung/Poly on it now and I will will put a couple of poly over that. This is nothing fancy really as I used some cheap cedar from my local big box. It is for my 3 year old daughter so it is going to get abused some I'm sure. The construction is frame and panel with some lining.

Front View Closed
toybox1.jpg

Front View Open
toybox2.jpg

View of Lining
toybox3.jpg

For my next project I probably won't be spending so much time here. For some time I have been interested in making a stringed instrument but have never got around to it. Finally though I have made the decision to go ahead with it. So I will be foraging the around the acoustic guitar sites gleeming info on construction techniques. I am in the planning stages of making a flat top six string acoustic guitar in the traditional OM style.

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful work, Alex. :clap: I'll bet your daughter gets a lot of use out of it.

Add me to the list of those who will be highly disappointed if you don't post guitar progress pics. Building guitars is something that has been on my list for a long time.

Thanks for the comments guys. About the guitar I will do a progress thread. Glad to hear there is some interest in this. It is going to take a little while before I get started though as I have to make some molds, tools and do some reading.