Text instead of Pics in threads

glenn bradley

Even though I am logged in (IE 6.0) I get this

instead of the picture. Then when I click on it, I get asked to log in again. Once I log in for the second time everything is fine until I go to another thread. On the next thread I will get the

again but the pic will enlarge if I click on the text.:dunno:

P.s. the text did not paste in. Where you see the red X I see a small X and text saying that I must click "here" to view the pic.

Last edited:
Greg,

Logged out an back in; symptoms same. Here's a part of the screen shot:

Ci1_easy_rougher03.jpg

This started last week IIRC. I blamed the machine I was on and the fact that i was using Firefox but, it occurs on various machines and browsers. . . You know, usually its my dad that comes up with this weird stuff :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Everything works fine for me here in Japan, on two different machines, one on XP, one on Win 2K, each on different ISP companies :dunno:

I have a similar problem from time to time, it is ALWAYS my Zone Alarm firewall, it does an auto update, and I can't see pics on various sites anymore:doh:

Good luck!:wave:

Glenn,

Wierd. The same thing happened to me the other day, when I logged in using my son's profile. Somehow, the browser was set to 'by default, display no images'. I thought it was a change in the forum software, until I checked google, and it looked wierd too. Found it in the browser settings, changed it, and all was well.

It's a little twilight zone-y that the same wierd thing happened to both of us, on opposite coasts! ;)

Sunspots, maybe? :dunno:

Thanks,

Bill

glenn, have you changed anything in your browser settings, or your firewall settings?

Are you running Norton Internet Security Suite?

Have you tried Firefox? Would you be willing to give it a try?

www.moxilla.com

Norton AV Corp. Love Firefox but this is where I first saw the problem. In fact I originally thought Firefox was the problem. Purely a coincidence I am sure at this point.

Works fine with IE 7 (I installed it to test). The problem occurs on IE 6 and FF on my machine and LOML's machine (different household). Not to say I am not the culprit but, LOML's daughter uses both machines:huh:.

I'll dig deeper on my machine . . . its in there somewhere. When I find the fix, I'll post. Thanks to all. Sorry for a false alarm :wave:

Removed and reinstalled Firefox and all is well with it and IE 7. I or someone else did something. Not forum SW related. Thanks again for all the testing and suggestions.

Well, no sooner did I post than it happened again. I reset the IE browsers to defaults. Firefox is a new installation. If I log in the second time as requested, I can continue to see things normally till I end that session. When I come back to FWW I have to log in twice again.

This is too weird to have anyone waste time on. I can't believe the forum software is singling me out. I have something going on . . . just so you all don't agree with my own assessment (that I'm nuts), here's the sequence from this login and my first pic viewing attempt:

P.s. SMC works fine(???).

Attachments

• fwwtest1.jpg
    fwwtest1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 5
  • fwwtest2.jpg
    fwwtest2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3
  • fwwtest3.jpg
    fwwtest3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
just so you all don't agree with my own assessment (that I'm nuts), .

But, Glenn, we *do* all agree with your assessment! It's just not relevant to this particular issue! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I still think it's some kind of wierd browser setting. I found my problem in firefox>tools>options>content What do the check boxes say there? When you get out of firefox, and go back in, do they say the same thing? Can't imagine why they'd reset, but who knows? :huh:

If we could all watch over your shoulder while you do something, *one* of us would see it, and we'd all then slap ourselves on the head and say "of course! D'OH!" ;)

Thanks,

Bill