First Sawdust

Ned Bulken

shopshot-1.jpg

Thanks guys,
I originally shot that to show one of the first tools in the shop... but then it hit me, it was the first sawdust IN the shop.

and I just noticed, I need to turn the miter saw around, as that is the 'back' of the stand... guess it works as is though. lol:rofl:

Ned, GREAT going...

Hey you got a pencil sharpener, tape measure and a cutoff saw....

That's a shop....... just keep cutting big pieces into little pieces

Ohhhh trust me, there will be a ton more tools going in there in the very near future, the TS is in there already, much more to come in the coming weeks.
P5200003.jpg

and incidentally there are two tape measures there... the red spot on top to the right of the saw is my 20' tape. the little yellow one is my son's.

Last edited:
You're going to have a dishwasher in the shop???? Must have something to do with bending wood and needing hot water and steam??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Good to see the tools finding their new digs. But don't get too many in there before you insulate and cover the walls, or you'll never get to that part. :wave: Jim.

You're going to have a dishwasher in the shop???? Must have something to do with bending wood and needing hot water and steam??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Good to see the tools finding their new digs. But don't get too many in there before you insulate and cover the walls, or you'll never get to that part. :wave: Jim.

Actually that's going in the kitchen, once I have the tools in place to build the new cabinetry...

and I'm going to be insulating as the budget allows, first wall to get it is the one my bench will live against. Right now, wiring comes before insulation.

Dangit, jim beat me to the Dishwasher crack :doh:

How'd my planer get in your storage space??? :eek::huh:

Hey .. that ain't hardwood sawdust is it? Because ... if it is ... ya beat me. :rolleyes:

Dangit, jim beat me to the Dishwasher crack :doh:

How'd my planer get in your storage space??? :eek::huh:

Hey .. that ain't hardwood sawdust is it? Because ... if it is ... ya beat me. :rolleyes:

Ummmm. dunno on the planer... and no it is domestic conifer (does Canada qualify as Domestic thanks to NAFTA?)

Gosh, I wish I had said that.:rofl:
but you didn't :p

Congratulations Ned. That's gotta be a big moment for you.
Thanks Cody and everyone else for checking in. It does help knowing that I've got all of you out there pulling for me. My wife wonders what I'm laughing about many evenings, and it is usually some comment or somesuch on here.

OK guys who has a project to give to him to add to his honey do list.:rofl::thumb:

Good addition to the tools (toys)

Chuck

Way too much on that list to begin with Chuck, but when I get it pared down I'm sure she'll find something else for me to work on.

OH yeah it does. I went in early to work today because of a Dr's appt, but I'm planning on knocking off early and working out there this evening, I'm hoping to finish off the framing on the one wall, Then if it isnt' raining, start getting the OSB back to the shop and installed.

if it rains, then I'm going to work on a wood rack or two and a formal place to put the sheet goods I have on hand, plus what is in the storage unit. I need to move a bunch of drywall I picked up for a song (thanks mark!:wave:). I tried to get into the storage unit this weekend and It was a chore climbing around the drywall. I think that needs to move up to the shop asap. I probably won't use it in there, or not until I get the insulation in.