Hellow world, Meet Ms Betty

Bill Simpson

It has been a long hard winter's project (with several delays) but I have completed all that I was suppose to do to the Model T Towncar. Ms Betty was named after the owner's grandmother who was born the same time 1912...

P1030544.jpg

She looks pretty good sized next to Ma's Miata but she is a cramped vehicle... 6 passenger??? I think not. Good sized seatin the rear plus 2 jumpseats for the kids and the driver faces the elements. Next to my Big White Beast, she don't look too tall.

P1030551.jpg

Bunch of details had to be worked out and the molding was a real chore. Not to mention the roof....

P1030546.jpg

But those doors (the fore doors) were my nemesis, they drove me out of my mind. Convex curves in both axis and mounting them at an angle on a slanted floor against a perpendicular firewall tilted in at 2 degree angle... Any slight angle off sent the latch side off in some strange direction and created a headache every day.

I'll impart more details later and tomorrow there will be delivery of the body to the chasis, Will picture post later as it is the owners responsibility to finish this work. I'm done (until he call for help)

Thanks for looking,

Last edited:
That's some very impressive work, Bill. Very nicely done. :thumb: I'll bet you're glad to be done with it (for now).

And they're going to paint it black.... :rolleyes:

Amazing job, Bill.

Acually ....No, It will be Midnight Blue with Black metal parts and such. Windshield and windows and Firewall and "dash" are made of Cherry and are finished natural. Quite impressive looking when done (we hope)

Thanks guys for the good words, Recieving good words sometimes makes all the effort worth while.

I'll provide more pictures as it progresses, There are several extrap parts that I need to make for him as his restoration continues but as for now , the hard part is over. (except for cleaning up my mess)

Last edited:
Wow Bill, that is not only a work of art, it has to be a labor of love. I can't even imagine how many hours you have invested. The results speak for themselves. Naturally, this is not the image that comes to mind when one says "Model T".

I'm looking forward to more!

Wes