Loaded up and ready, IT FIT!!!

Bill Simpson

Day of reconing came this evening... As we hefted the old car into a much newer pickup truck, 5 guys, his wife and grunt & strain got her up and in the bed...

P1030570.jpg

short drive at Freeway speeds and on the the waiting chasis

P1030573.jpg

Sorry, no picture of the hoisting as I was in the process of bustin' a gut .... But she fit the chasis as though she was made for it. a considerable amount of adjustments and bolting down, the fenders and rock skirt , some TLC and ....

P1030578.jpg

Thanks fellows for the good tidings of my great joy. It is good to receive accolades from fellows of your quality.

Yes there were a goodly amount of hours and considerable adult beverages and some not so nice language consumed and produced during those long hours. Not everything fit perfectly (the first time) and the owner was apt to switch designs along the way as his research into an original progressed (or he made executive decisions, "Yasser Boss! I Be makin' da changes.... $$$ Boss!!! ") Some guys get POed if changes are made, I figure it goes in the time log ($$$) as that is why you get paid the big bucks... Although most everyone says a way under charged for my time and skills. But I had fun (most of the time) and learned a lot. (I learned that it was too big of a project for my little cubbyhole shop)

The color will be Midnight Blue with Black trim and All the metal Black (of course the polished brass) and a gray pinstripe. (Yes, he is painting those pretty wheels) Only the Cherry windows and firewall will remain natural.

His "While you're at it and Might as wells" were numerous and then My mom and aunt got sick so a few weeks were consumed in running a couple hours away to their sides, but all was well everybody recovered nicely as well as the car. Me, on the otherhand, yet to be determined.

As he progresses on the finishing and upholstery and I make additional trim parts and components, I will post progress pictures. (if interested)

...As he progresses on the finishing and upholstery and I make additional trim parts and components, I will post progress pictures. (if interested)
Uh, yeah...we're definitely interested. :D The more pics the merrier.

Now that this job is essentially over, what are you going to do for your next challenge? :p

Uh, yeah...we're definitely interested. :D The more pics the merrier.

Now that this job is essentially over, what are you going to do for your next challenge? :p

Believe me there are a load of belated projects in the waiting... Some catchin' up to do... Today was cleaning out the garage and all the dust and chunks of wood , tomorrow the basement shop, all the while, My grandson climbed on the shelves of the Lazy susan Cabinet and broke the plastic shelves, today I router cut 28" discs (2) from plywood to make new. (figured I'd do it in the garage before cleaning as you know what kind of mess that makes)

I've got a lot of ideas from reading forum posts and then some others that have been on back burner... Leaving for Florida for 3 weeks (In 10 days) so I suspect the cabinet and the cleaning is all I will get done. And the yard..... another waiting story... And then there is that ugly chunk of wood in my garage that needs mailing out.... I am busy here. Retirement is not a rest & relaxation event.

Absolutely interested in more! Wonderful workmanship and the fit looks perfect to the frame and remainder of the car. When complete, you get to take it out and give family members rides :D. Yes more pics and great job!

Tom