Pot/Bowl/Lid?

Jon Lanier

Trying to get the biggest/most out these spalted pieces I came up with the Pot/Bowl. It's about 7 inches round and 5-6 inch tall. I made a lid for it, but don't know if I like the lid. If I decide to keep the lid, I think a bigger Finial is needed... what you think?

spaltedpotwithlidss2.jpg

spaltedpotqy1.jpg

Nice work. Jon. I hate to disagree, but I like it with the lid best. And I like the size of the finial, too. :thumb:

Like it with the lid, without it looks a little heavy to me, (due to the lip width?)

On the finial front I would have preferred a flatter knob reflecting the lines of the lid, but that's probably me preferring functional to arty.

Captured the character of the wood which is the most important bit anyway in my book.

I agree with Vaughan. It balances well. Nice shape and finish as well. The finial is plain enough not to distract from the iguring as well IMHO

Pete
Pete, what's "inguring"? I'm curious to know if it's a British term or a typo. You probably wonder the same about some of the stuff we Yanks say, too. :)

Vaughn, just in case Pete is earning his living at this time of day :rofl: :rofl: over here, I think it is his Dyslexic keyboard that has not Figured :huh: out what he wanted to say.

Vaughn, just in case Pete is earning his living at this time of day :rofl: :rofl: over here, I think it is his Dyslexic keyboard that has not Figured :huh: out what he wanted to say.

Thanks Chas:D:

My keyboard is, as Chas has said, dyslexic. It types letters in backwards and misses letters out altogether. Occasionally, if I think, I check the spelling but often I am too lazy and just hit submit. :eek: Sorry if it confuses you

Pete,

No worries, Pete...I get it now. (And to make it worse, I was adding an "n" in there that you didn't have.) Although I'm a writer, I'm a bad keyboardist. But I'm wicked fast on the backspace key. :D

I agree, nice figuring in this piece. :)

I really like it Jon. I like the lid and I think the finial is proportioned well for the piece. By the way that is really nice wood.

Jon, I like the piece with the lid as well. Thin finial looks great in contrast to the wonderfully spalted wood. Well Done. :thumb: