Dr's Visit today

Ned Bulken

With Lori the LOML's recent Diabetes diagnosis, it was time for me to go in and get reaquainted with the medical community. Well, so far so good, my BP Was Much lower than I expected, and while I need to lose a bunch of weight, (I'm the heaviest I ever have been or hope to be in the future) I'm happy that I seem to be on track in the hypertension department at least. Bloodwork and a Tetanus shot today, and a full physical next month.

So Ned, does this mean you'll be less bulken soon?

[sorry couldn't help myself]

Good luck. It ain't easy, but it sure is worth it to lose weight.

Groan.....

Yup, less of me to push around 'soon'.

I figure, put it on slowly, its coming off the same way. My goal is 100 lbs by May of next year.

The best news was the BP, I've had borderline hypertension in the past, but today it was a nice 110/76 which is the best I've seen in quite awhile.

I figure, put it on slowly, its coming off the same way. My goal is 100 lbs by May of next year.

I'm no doctor Ned, but your plan sounds very sensible to me. I think the body tends to "push back" when we push it too hard. Best of luck to you in your efforts!!

cheers

Doctors orders:)

loose weight by means of climbing stairs and ladders daily, walk dont ride to work, eat nothing but greens no sweets and by all means stay awy from lathes they tend to cause dizzyness and lack of motion for strtenuos exercize.:D must not drink any alcoholic bevs or sodas,,, just water and coffee. see me in 2 months for another check up..the tunnel check will come afterwards...:) bp is great wish i had one like that.

loose weight by means of climbing stairs and ladders daily, walk dont ride to work, eat nothing but greens no sweets and by all means stay awy from lathes they tend to cause dizzyness and lack of motion for strtenuos exercize.:D must not drink any alcoholic bevs or sodas,,, just water and coffee. see me in 2 months for another check up..the tunnel check will come afterwards...:) bp is great wish i had one like that.

one level house, so no stairs, but ladders might be doable...

my job is driving a mobile office, but I do walk around a lot at work...

greens... trying to do that, sweets, have cut way back already...

generally don't do barley pop much, nor harder stuff, but soda happens on occasion...

water, yup, coffee double yup...

now, about that spinny thing... I can hold off for a bit of time, but eventually I'll break down and turn. sorry...

yesterday's bp was 132/69 (no doubt nervous about the visit,was what the doc said)

I listened to a really interesting podcast the other day about weight, activity and health. My basic distillation of a lot of interesting numbers was that the proven health benefit comes from activity levels as much as absolute weight. Basically the numbers showed that 30minutes of vigorous (slight breathlessness) walking was enough to provide a Peretos worth of health benefits. I have always had a history of borderline hypertension but do try and achieve that 30 minutes of vigorous walking exercise. Good look with whatever program you choose to follow.