Flutes

Jack Tanner

Well, a couple of months ago, I said that I had fell over board into the abyss. Long drop!! Well, I think I found where I want to be. I had never been around a lathe before, always done flat work. It is ok, but this has to be best of all of it. Here is a picture of a couple of the flutes I've made. I sure spun a lot of cedar to get to this point, but it was well worth it. I hope you enjoy the picture, I sure enjoy making them. Jack

Attachments

• FLUTES AND DRUM 013.JPG
    FLUTES AND DRUM 013.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 87
Those are awesome, Jack. :thumb: Do they actually play?

I'm not a musician but would like to give something like that a try just to say I've done it. Are there any tutorials anywhere on how to do it? I'm sure there is much more to them that a hollow piece of wood with holes drilled in it. ;)

Nice looking flutes Jack. Its nice to see the diverse items that can be made in the abyss. Do you play them?:):)

Thanks John, I'm in the process of learning, I have a family member that plays, but does not know how to make them. So we make a good team. He is teaching me. I's been quite a learning process. Jack

Those are awesome, Jack. :thumb: Do they actually play?

I'm not a musician but would like to give something like that a try just to say I've done it. Are there any tutorials anywhere on how to do it? I'm sure there is much more to them that a hollow piece of wood with holes drilled in it. ;)

Thank you. Yes they do play, they are tuned with a penatonic tuner. A lot more to them then meets the eye. Jack