I helped out Tod...

Well, I only meant to buy 5 or 6 carving chisels (really), but thanks to Tod & Marty, I ended up with a few more (like, ummm, 28 total). Now the tools are way better than me, so there goes that excuse. Any ideas for carving chisel holder?

Attachments

• chisels1.jpg
    chisels1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 50
Boy Tod, I sure don't see why you were selling chisels. I still see free space in a couple drawers there. :p

Charlie, it looks like you're set up pretty nicely for getting started carving. I picked up four bench chisels in the same sale, and that doubled my chisel collection (not counting turning tools). Another option for storing your new chisels would be a couple of tool rolls similar to this:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=30007&cat=1,41504,41613&ap=1

Nice bunch of chisels there Tod.

Was it difficult to take the last picture holding the drawer with you foot, while balancing on the other? How did you manage not to get the pic moved?:D

Nice score. I must have missed the thread, What happend to Tod?

Tod's OK. Personal stuff required a lifestyle change.
As for chisels, not only does he have many, he knows how to use them and, very importantly, sharpen them. First time I met him, I tested him on sharpening a V gouge others (myself included) had never been able to sharpen properly. He did it in a minute and did it right. Beautifully sharp.