Vice...

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

Well, long time no wood working but I had this idea in mind....

As you know...and if you don't - you know now...I don't have a "normal" workbench with vices but, sometimes I need them.

So, I made a very simple, easy and cheap vices.

I leave it to your imagination what you can do with them.

The rest of the story is on the following 40 pics.

Regards
niki

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent Niki.

As Plato said; "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" and you are certainly one to prove that point. This is an excellent jig, strong holding, portable, easy to set up, not a space waster, and handsome to boot. Great job, and superior instructions. :thumb:

One thought: If I need longer pieces of sandpaper for jigs, I buy the sanding belts and cut them open.

Last edited:
That's another great set of pictures and instructions, Niki. Thanks very much for posting it. (Good to see you drop in to visit, too.) :wave:

Thank you so much

Frank
Well, you are correct about the sanding paper....I was a little bit stingy:eek:

Vaughn
As I told Larry in a PM and at the beginning of my post, I was in concrete to my elbows....not much time for woodworking or forums.

Regards
niki

Niki,
I always save everything you post you are the #1 jig making man. You always come up with simple but effective ways to do things Thanks for all of your posts you have helped me immensely.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Chuck

Thank you so much

Frank
Well, you are correct about the sanding paper....I was a little bit stingy:eek:

Vaughn
As I told Larry in a PM and at the beginning of my post, I was in concrete to my elbows....not much time for woodworking or forums.

Regards
niki

Niki,
Very good tutorial as usual. Always a pleasure to read your tutorials!:thumb:
I remember the frame cutting sled, the first of many of your how-to's, if I remember correctly.
Thank you,
Ted:wave:

Last edited:
Thank you Ted

As I remember, the frame cutting sled was my first post in SMC.

Today, I learnt that in US English it's called "Vise" but in UK English it's called "Vice"...

Sorry about using "Vice" but I think that my vise doesn't have such a bad "character" as "Vice"... :)

Oh, another small difference on the both sides of the pond;
"You can never have enough Cramps" (or Clamps in US English)... :)

Regards
niki

Vice

I don't know, Niki - first you are talking about your vices, then about screwing triangles. Sounds a little strange to me ;-))

Nice work - you always do such a good job of thinking up these jigs and fixtures and an especially good job with your pictures and clear explanations. We are all better off for your participation in this forum!!!

JimC

Thank you so much for your kind words

Jim
Well, just looking at my jigs, you can see that I'm a little bit (or a lot of bit) "Perverted"...:)

Al
No book as long as I can be in my garage and work or even look around the garage and think about new ideas how to make things that will make it easier for me to work -- but cheap fast and easy...

Regards
niki

Well Niki, I for one am really happy their is no Home Depot etc in your area :thumb: :D

You really do "Adapt and Overcome", I'm impressed, as usual, with what you do, from the jig, to the planning, to the presentation with the pictures etc.

Thanks for being part of the Family Niki! :wave:

Thank you so much Stu

Well, you also don't have the Home Depot but at least you have the Joyful Honda :)

BTW, In Miyazaki, they have "Homu Centaa" one of the best in Japan and in Matsue (near Izumo) they have 3 home centers....

I was in almost every home center from Hokkaido to Okinawa (except Joyful Honda)

You can imagine how much every overnight stay cost me...but, I loved it so much...

Regards
niki