Now that I have a saw looking for a great stand

Ok Looking for opinions of a great miter saw stand. I want one that I can set up in the shop and bring to a work site. Looking for all opinions but would really like to hear from guys doing this professionally also

Greg

I originally bought the Dewalt stand, great stand- solid and sturdy. Then I got the Ridgid SUV. I use the Ridgid SUV, It's easier to handle, fold and move around, don't have to take the saw off to move it. In my shoip and around the house it works great.

IF I were a contractor carrying it around from job site to job site and somewhat younger -- I'd go with the Dewalt.
For shop use and simplicity to fold up and stick in the corner out of the way -- I'll stay with the Ridgid SUV.

BTW If you want a used DeWalt stand and live in the area -- PM me!

I have the original Rigid SUV...actually, I have 2. One for my planer and the other for my DeWalt miter saw. They are stable, and fold up nicely for transport or storage.

The newer is somewhat similar, but I don't have any first hand experience with one.

Another vote for the Ridgid MSUV. :thumb: I use it mostly for my planer, but the miter saw goes on it from time to time, too.

Greg,

Every once in a while that ridgid would go on sale for 99 bucks. I waited, waited, then grabbed one on sale. I'm sure Tod's right about the other one... but it's hard to beat $99, if you can find the new one for that... ;)

Thanks,

Bill