Kinda bitter sweet tool shopping

Bart Leetch

Well I brought the first of what may be many loads of tools from Dad's shop home this weekend.

I brought home several staple & nail guns all Senco, the top left angle head 15 gauge nail gun I already had, I also already had a 18 gauge nail gun & a 18 Gauge Stapler. & a Stanley door hinge jig with a Schlage door boring jig for lock sets. 17 3/4" Pipe Clamps, A raised panel set for the shaper which will arrive at a later date. A torch set with tanks that were purchased years ago. Plus many little items.

Now I need to find room in my storage area for more tools.

Yes Frank Pellow I did find a place to put the Nail guns so you won't need to store them.:rofl:

Also a little decoration for the shop.

If you count value of the tools monetarily the value is good because Dad gave them to me. But the cost of seeing my Dad no longer have a shop & only working around about 3-4 hours a day sorting out what to keep & what to get rid out of their combined possessions 50 year of stuff for each of them, they got married 7 years ago she is 88 & he is 85 in January & the rest of the time taking care of an invalid wife
& the house keeping. Its really hard to watch I live 185 mile away so I can't get there real often.

Attachments

• MISC 006.jpg
    MISC 006.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 40
  • MISC 009.jpg
    MISC 009.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 31
  • MISC 008.jpg
    MISC 008.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 31
  • MISC 007.jpg
    MISC 007.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 34
  • MISC 005.jpg
    MISC 005.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 25
  • MISC 010.jpg
    MISC 010.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I can relate to the bittersweet aspect of taking your dad's tools...I did some of the same a couple months ago (including a pickup truck). On the plus side, they are going to continue being used, and I'm sure your dad appreciates that i9t's going to be you using them.

I'll just echo the others Bart. My dad just recently started giving me some of my grandfathers tools that was passed to him, and now to me....passing of the torch so to speak.

Bart, I am sure your Dad is happy that you will be using the tools. I hope that a famiuly member will want mine when I can no longer use them.

And Bart, I guess the dig about the nail guns, is that you remember that I don't like using them.

Bart, I am sure your Dad is happy that you will be using the tools. I hope that a famiuly member will want mine when I can no longer use them.

And Bart, I guess the dig about the nail guns, is that you remember that I don't like using them.

No Frank I didn't remember that you didn't like using them. Just the fact that the shop is so small I though you would think that I must surely be running out of room by now.:wave: