New Tools

Well it is finally all here. I bought a couple of gouges from Doug Thompson. 1/2" bowl gouge and 3/8" spindle gouge with handles from Dave Peebles. Hope I got the name right. I also had my Holdfast vacuum chuck come in last Friday. Finally got around to unpacking it tonight. Dave Hout gave me a demo using a pancake compressor and told me my Sears unit would work just fine. I got the tube that goes thru the headstock cut and now can't wait to give it a go. Now I just need some down time.

Attachments

• Thompson Spindle and Bowl gouge.jpg
    Thompson Spindle and Bowl gouge.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Thompson Spindle and Bowl gouge 1.jpg
    Thompson Spindle and Bowl gouge 1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Vacuum Chuck 1.jpg
    Vacuum Chuck 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Vacuum Chuck 2.jpg
    Vacuum Chuck 2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 26
Congrats, Bernie. You're gonna love having the vacuum chuck.

Are these your first Thompson tools? If so, you're in for a treat. I'm up to four gouges and a skew, with plans to get more in the future.

Hi Bernie,

Yep... you got the name right :)

I believe you are going to love those gouges. I know I love mine. Plus.. after you use that vacuum system for a few days, you are sure to wonder how you survived without one.

Best wishes,
Dave

Thanks guys. Dave I really like the feel of the handles on these tools. I gave the spindle gouge some work out and the combo does feel good plus the gouge really cuts fine. I can see some more in the budget.