A refurbed small bronze router plane

Dominic Greco

Besides the 605 I refurbed, I also cleaned up a small bronze router plane that I picked up two weeks ago. Here's what it used to look like:
sm_router_plane1.jpg
sm_router_plane2.jpg

And here it is after I cleaned it up and turned (2) new bubinga handles for it.
bronzerouterplane2.jpg

bronzerouterplane3.jpg

I still need to get a new blade for it, or find an old Allen wrench I can grind down.

Thanks for viewing

See ya around,
Dominic

Eh, Domi, (if I may call you that?)

You do nice work paizan. This and the other post with the two planes you did show some great love for the craft. I've got a couple I have to get to someday and I will post them when I do.

You keep up the good work my friend. :D

(Oh, BTW, my brother-in-law (Sicilian, like me too) was a Greco, too. Great guy. :thumb: I miss him and his fantastic spaghetti and wine)

Aloha, Tony

"Dom" is fine. That's what everyoen calls me. "Domi",...(in my best "Borat" voice) not so much! :>)

Thanks for the compliments paizan!

I'm not so good with spaghetti. But you should taste my bread! It's my grandmother's recipe (she was Abruzzi and could COOK!).

Great job Dominic! So is a router plane typically pushed? It appears to be judging from the relation of where the blade is to the largest part of the plate.

Last edited:
Both pushed and pulled

Great job Dominic! So is a router plane typically pushed? It appears to be judging from the relation of where the blade is to the largest part of the plate.

Thanks for the complement!

To answer your question: it's both pushed and pulled. It depends on your preference and the kind of cut you're making. The blade can be installed out board (like a bull nose) so you can get into tight corners, or inboard for more support.

That came out looking great, Dom. :thumb: Nice job, and now that plane is ready for another hundred years or so of use.