A New Presentation Option For SketchUp

Dave Richards

I've been playing with the demo version of a new application--well it's a plugin--for SketchUp. It's called LightUp. It creates the effect of multiple light sources and soft shadows with very little setup. Here's a screen grab. The demo version leaves a watermark on exported images and although I don't know why, it seems to square up corners on cushions. Still, it has a lot of promise for making more realistic looking images from your SketchUp models with a minimal amount of work. It won't be free but if you need the capability, the cost my be worth the ease of use.

LightUpScreenGrab-1.jpg

And a sort of sketchy style of the same scene

windwardSCF-1.jpg

Thanks Vaughn

This is so dead simple that anyone can make images of this sort.

This image is basically a mix of a LightUp image and the line style used in the second image.

windwardSCF_LUpmix.jpg

Toni, thanks.

I don't know if I'll build all those pieces. I'd like to. Unfortunately the CEO/Cruise Director isn't too thrilled with the style.

Still need to finish the joinery and then the construction drawings but if I do build any of it, I'd probably do several seating pieces and the coffee table so I can process all of the lumber at one time.

Thank you Gene.

I now have about two dozen of the Thos. Moser pieces drawn. Hopefully I'll have everything before the end of the year. The pieces shown here were easy. Some of the pieces are a bit trickier.;):D