Where is Larry Merlau ? ** Heading Home **

Bart Leetch

Well he showed up outside my shop to pick up something he sent on ahead for me to keep until he & Randi could stop by & pick it up.

Just a little of his beautiful handiwork.

A hope chest for a bride.

While Larry & Randi were here we all had a nice fish dinner thanks to Larry & Randi & to short of time to visit. But it looks like Larry & I may be getting together to visit Grizzly, Western Tool & Hardware Sales in Bellingham.

Attachments

• Larry Hope Chest 1A.jpg
    Larry Hope Chest 1A.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 124
Looks like both Larry and the hope chest survived the ride west. :thumb:

I think Larry has met more Family members face-to-face than anyone else here.

well ther eaint no

:thumb:moss growin on my feet, and this time the shop is under tom neihme's control steve A has to much work to get done,, well bart missed part of the story a politicale thing i think... we actually met in home depot while i was looking for just the right gift for this bride to be... he and his wife were very cordial one more time the family has spread to far away places and yet the freindship still is prevalent:thumb: so karl get with tom and yes i will have some extra wood soon got some more coming in and need to thin out the supply.. and vaunghn your safe for now you are to far south unless your headed north soon.. the buuba hat i got in the south has made along jounrney this year already,, and the airplane attendant loved it, she made several conversations with me marty, or maybe it was just the southern charm you innoculated it with:thumb: well its off to the brides home today for the delivery and i will get another pic so that i can show the plaque that nancy made for me to make this a gift to rememeber for this specail young lady,, so thanks again nancy for the plaque you done is very timley fashion.. well the train whistle is blowing so i am off to the next stop....:D

update: well the bride liked her gift and we got to see some of washingtons mountains, mt baker is an awesome sight to see.. tommrrow itsoff to the tool shops with bart!!!:)

Last edited:
That chest is super, Larry.... Heirloom for sure.:thumb:

Glad it arrived, and hats off to Bart for taking care of it for you. Have a great time together, and then........ :rolleyes: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh Karl

there sure is wood in Larrys stash to be had, his shelfs are about overflowing.
if he has more comming soon, some thinning of the stash is necessary. what do you need, red oak? white oak? cherry? Larrys got is all. Only problem is larry left me in charge and did'nt let me know when he is returning, so fast action is in the upmost importance.
Larry, good looking chest, the bride will for sure be pleased. enjoy your trip and don't hurry home :rolleyes::D

Tom

Yep...I been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest, so the keys are no longer with me.

About that face to face meet thing.....I bet if I counted em, I'd be a close second.....I guess I need to get out more, or go with Larry on his excursions. Problem with that is....I gotta work.....Larry leads a charmed life.

Hey boss....I hope you ae enjoying your stay out there....would you bring me home a souvenir?.....something other than a T-shirt? I'm glad you brought the missus on the trip, she needs quality time giving you directions....how's the mono sound vs. stereo sound like our trip into cheesehead land? BTW, I got one of those big cold aluminum beverage containers left over from the wedding out in the fridge.....and I ain't makin a dent in it as busy as I have been, how bout when you get home you guys come over and help me out with it?

Have fun :thumb:

Nice looking chest! And no, am not talking about either of the two gents in the picture!!!:eek::eek::doh::doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Beautiful work. Yeah, having met Larry in person, he is topnotch and genuine. Got to be careful using that word "genuine" the Belgians already bought Bud, don't want them buying Larry! :eek::rofl:

hey i aint fer sale

and no one would want me any wasy.. well boss i will take oyu up on the offer when i get back.. greg am still plannin on monday will call later on this wek say friday evning... got to arrange bedding yet for munday night. so will chk back in lateron tommrrow am to sse if things ar normal.

Larry & Bart Sighting

I could not help but closely follow Larry's latest adventure, as it is not everyday that a celebrity lands in your home town (Bellingham, WA). I was in my office "working" when I decided to check his latest posting. Hmm..., it looks like Larry and Bart will be visiting the Grizzly showroom today. I wonder if I jump in the truck and go over there that I might see them. Well I did and I did. I opened the door and immediately spied Larry. Even in the land of loggers and fishermen (Worlds Deadliest Catch) Larry stands out. In retrospective, a total stranger wandering over to you in a part of the US you have never been saying “Larry?” might be a little heart stopping. Larry claims that he has not been here long enough to think someone might be looking for him for all the wrong reasons, but he did look a little spooked. Even Bart was a little surprised at the sudden approach of a total stranger that knew them.

After the initial shock and surprise of the greeting, we had a good short visit. We covered a gamut of topics including Marty’s shop, but true to his word he was mum on the secret project, only saying that everyone will be awed. It was a little surreal, as we were total strangers, but yet we were not. We had the commonality of woodworking and the Family.

Bart, since we are neighbors (kind of) I am definitely interested in getting together when you come up to Bellingham for shopping. And Larry, if I do manage to find myself in your neck of the woods during my travels, I will make plans to stop by. Thanks for the invite. I suspect that you have your trip planned out, but you are welcomed to visit. The wife and I are traveling down to Seattle to visit family this weekend, but should be back early Sunday. You have my number. I know that you are heading down to meet with Greg Cook. I am sure you will enjoy Hardwick and Sons hardware store. I believe that is the store you were describing. The name finally came to me.

Attachments

• img148.jpg
    img148.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 36
Larry & Bart said this voice out of everywhere but nowhere

Oh my what did I or WE do this time? I next expected to hear lean over the table saw & spread your feet apart.

We turned around to find a smiling friendly face & meet Bill Satko. Whew now that my heart is almost back where its supposed to be I see Larry's face ha ha same results. I knew he was almost famous but I didn't know he was a celebrity whats next Larry the paparazzi photographers?

Attachments

• Larry, Bill & Bart.JPG
    Larry, Bill & Bart.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 42
That's just cooler than all get out. I'd have paid good money to see the look on Larry and Bart's faces when Bill called out their names. :p

well your gonna regret it

yup bill satko got my attention!!!! i am one who sets with his back to the wall always, and doesnt like to have his guard down, but bill got me with my drawers down to the ground and now where to go:eek: thats an amazing feet bill ,, we had a wonderful chat and i would have liked to have had longer time to visit..bill had been a lurker and not said much in the forum and yet he has alot that he can add to the family.. i requested that he start to post more and become closer to our family.. he agreed:D so thanks to bart and bill for making my day a very eventful and pleasent one.. that is just one reason why the family forum works... friends making more friends threw the forum and our mutual interst woodworking