Anybody need a GM Employee Discount?

Doug Shepard

In Memorium
All GM Employees have been given the opportunity to provide one employee discount to anyone thinking of buying a Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn, Hummer, Saab, or Cadillac. This is from today thru July 31. Nobody I personally know is car-buying right now, so thought I'd throw this open to FWW members. I only get one, so it's first come-first served but please dont grab it and not use it in case some other FWW member really needs it. I cant tell you exactly what it comes out to and it may vary by make/model, but in the past when I've gotten the discount for family members I believe it was around an extra $1200 off. PM me if you need it and I'll figure out what info I need to get from you to pass along the discount.

Here's the flyer that came out this morning which also has links to the current rebates http://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/GMEMP/content/media/pdf/flyers/2008_07_discount.pdf
I dont think you need an ID/Password to access it.

Doug,
Very thoughtful of you to open it up to FWW. I'm not in the market at the moment, but it sounds like it will be very helpful to someone!

Wes

I have been waiting for this

I think you do need to be a valid GM employee to login and get the auth number. I see that there are regional incentives and the vehicle I want there is a $5k incentive. Don't know if this is part of the sharing of the discount or not. Time will tell, I asked a friend at GM to please get me an authorization number.

Update.

The GMS pricing is lower than the true invoice, I paid the $14 to consumer reports for the full price report on the vehicle I want. There is a holdback and incentive that the GMS cuts about %70. So the dealer gets about $400 from GM after the sale And the $5k applies to the GMS price. So I pick it up after work tomorrow.

Last edited: