Jim Underwood

Classic City Woodturners and the Lyndon House Art Center

Sponsor

Woodturning as Art with Stuart Batty
Saturday Aug. 23rd, 9 am - 4 pm
Lyndon House Art Center
293 Hoyt Street, Athens, GA
$25 admission, lunch included – RSVP by Aug 15​

Stuart Batty, who is one of the best woodturners in the world, will be doing an all day demonstration on August 23rd, at the Lyndon House Art Center in Athens, GA. The venue is air-conditioned with comfortable seating. The event will also displayed on monitors. This promises to be quite a show. Lunch is included in the $25 admission – if you respond by August 15th. We’d love to have you come join us for the fun.

For full details and registration information on the Stuart Batty demonstration go here:
http://www.classiccitywoodturners.com/Turning Day 2008.html

If we generate enough interest we may also have Stuart teach a 2 day hands on class the following week (Monday25th/Tuesday26th). Please contact me at jimunder (at) colemancabinets (dot) com if you are interested.

The Lyndon House Gallery will also be displaying works from several local art and craft groups in their Full House Exhibition, which opens Aug 10th and runs until November. Members of the Classic City Woodworkers will also have pieces entered in this exhibit.

Classic City Woodturners, a chapter of the AAW
www.classiccitywoodturners.com

Lyndon House Art Center
293 Hoyt Street,
Athens, GA 30601
706-613-3623
http://accleisureservices.com/lyndon.shtml

deadline approaches

Just as a reminder, the deadline for the registration (for the included lunch) is Aug. 15th- yes that's this Friday! We'd like to know how many people are going to attend so as to know how many lunches to provide. Please send your check to our treasurer as noted on the linked web page.

I also still have some open slots for the 2 day class we're trying to put together, so if anyone is interested please let me know as soon as possible. jimunder at colemancabinets dot com

Thanks,

Jim

Today is the registration deadline for the all day demo with included lunch. Please give me or Stan a shout if you'd like lunch included!

The two day class has filled up. If you're still interested drop me a line and I'll put you down as an alternate in case someone doesn't show up.

We're gonna have fun!:)

Last edited: