Just had a Doh moment

Ned Bulken

One of today's tasks is to get the doors fleshed out for the shop... only problem is the main doorway is 97 1/2" tall... since I forgot to cut down the studs when I framed out the doorway, it is an 8' stud tall plus the now cut away sill plate.

I've decided that I'm simply going to nail a replacement plate at the top of the doorway and have 8' tall doors. Do i need them? Nope, but it will be nice to be able to open them up and have all that natural light in the shop.

Actually, I would have thought the DOH moment is when the rough framing is too small! It can always be made a bit smaller - but bigger is an issue!:D

Wes

I had to move my pancake compressor away from its regular spot, so I built a simple shelf to hold it, and to also store the mitre saw when not in use.
I know I measured them both 3 times and allowed a bit of clearance so I dont scrape up my hands when lifting them up.
ONly problem was I forget to measure the mitre saw from the back, where the handles were a few inches wider. It fits, but I sort of have to give it a good shove, like I used to with my first car, a 64 pontiac bonneville.