A couple of finished projects

Jay Knepper

The upholsterer just finished work on the cushions of an arts/crafts soft, and I've finished a small Shaker table that I was working on at the same time.

I had posted some construction details and progress shots in a recent SMC thread, so I'm just including a final shot here.

The Shaker table is based on the one on an early issue of Woodwork magazine. It has a 1 1/2" taper on the top, a solid cedar drawer bottom, and handcut dovedtails. I'm slow on the dovetails and they're far from perfect, but I cannot bring myself to break out the Akeda jig anymore. The finish is Watco natural, which is "sanded in" on the first couple of coats. The cherry and cedar are local stuff which I've air-dried.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• P1050639 s.jpg
    P1050639 s.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 66
  • s table2 s.jpg
    s table2 s.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 51
  • S table1 s.jpg
    S table1 s.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 59
nice work jay! it`s nice to hear of another person who`s given up on their dovetail jig:D ....i pitched mine quite a few years ago....tod

Jay, you did a very very nice job on the sofa and table. If you had not mentioned the dovetails, no one would have known. They look good to me.

Jay those look great, the sofa looks might comfy and the table, man that is really nice! :thumb:

Sure glad my wife is sleeping now and not looking over my shoulder, or my "Honey to do list" would have grown again! :D

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice, Jay. Both peices look great.

BTW, don't ever hesitate to repeat posts here that you've done on SMC or other forums. Some of us can't see the pics on SMC any more, or never have a chance to check out other forums, so a repeat might be new to a lot of us. ;)