a choir of carousels...

Bill Lantry

Ok, so most people here don't know this, so I'm going to let you in on a little secret:

When Doorlink and I were married several years ago, it was done by the county clerk down at the courthouse. Just me, her, and some (very nice) assistant clerk in a room which also contained a photocopier and a coffee pot. Not the most romantic setting in the world, but legal, so what the heck... ;)

The problem? She and I both work at religious institutions that don't recognize civil ceremonies as the best of all possible arrangements. :huh:

The solution? An actual ceremony. In, like, an actual church. With a religious official officiating. Who'd have thunk it? I still think the roof will fall in when I walk in there, but we're going to find out. On Saturday. Whoa! :rolleyes: There's even gonna be a reception. And then a week of vacation. In Bolongo bay, of all places:

cefe2

Anyway, wish me luck! ;) Or, maybe you should send her a note of condolence... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
Well, she put her delicate little foot down: "No registry!"

I said, "what's the point of getting married if we don't get presents?" That just got a big growl! ;)

So now everyone's asking "where are you registered?" Some one asked me that today, when I said "there's no registry", she said, "well, what to you want?"

I swear to you, the phrase "thirty five twenty B" almost escaped my lips! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sheesh! Maybe I'll get one of those when I retire. ;) Although I must say, for what this whole thing is costing me, I could buy one myself, even if we *are* using air miles for the plane tickets... ;)

Let's see, on the one hand, I could get a nice lathe. One the other hand, a wife? :rofl:

Reminds me of that old country western song:

"I spend all day out on this lake
And hell is all I catch
Today she met me at the door
Said I would have to choose
If I hit that fishin' hole today
She'd be packin' all her things
And she'd be gone by noon..."

"I'm gonna miss that girl..." ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O3Plt8DyMk

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
Congrats Bill, and good luck on the falling roof thing. (I always make sure I'm well-grounded in those sorts of situations; I'm wary of lightning strikes.)

Enjoy the vacation! :congrats:

Hey, folks,

zero hour is rapidly approaching. Thanks for all the kind words. We'll be gone until the tenth: no phones, no net access, just blue water and sand. ;)

Now, if we can just make it to the church on time... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

The roof won't fall in. And, you may actually hear the carousels.
BTW, that 'vacation' isn't a vacation. It's a honeymoon. Be nice, treat it as such.
BTW, congratulations and best wishes for many years of wedded (both civil and blessed) bliss.
Yer doing a good thing. :thumb: