Thread: The box reincarnated

The box reincarnated

Took everyones advice and thinned the sides of the box. I think the joints still look good thinned up. Unless of course you don't like this joint. I was afraid it would mess them up but I like them. I wet it down with a rag to get an idea of the color an grabbed the camera. So that why it looks blotchy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box5.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	1968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box6.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	1969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box7.jpg 
Views:	50 
ID:	1970

This is it, there is not much else I could do with it and still save it. But still looking for input. That will help me decide if I want to build anymore of this style. Will post photos once I get the finish on it. The glue is still drying and it needs some more sanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Horton View Post
    Took everyones advice and thinned the sides of the box. I think the joints still look good thinned up. Unless of course you don't like this joint. I was afraid it would mess them up but I like them. I wet it down with a rag to get an idea of the color an grabbed the camera. So that why it looks blotchy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box5.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	1968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box6.jpg 
Views:	39 
ID:	1969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box7.jpg 
Views:	50 
ID:	1970

This is it, there is not much else I could do with it and still save it. But still looking for input. That will help me decide if I want to build anymore of this style. Will post photos once I get the finish on it. The glue is still drying and it needs some more sanding.
    Hi Jeff,
    Hope you took the advice because you could understand what was being said and considered it valid. This box is thinner and has a different look. It is a nice box and has a great color.
    Stay with it if you like it! It will change and evolve as you grow.
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how