Woodworking sacrilege--forgive me!

Ron Jones

Do to equipment failure the LOML had a new washer and drier delivered yesterday. By switching from side by side to a stacked set of front loaders the small laundry room seems larger. Instead of refilling the existing shelving after the install, I suggested replacing the shelves with cabinets. Naturally she thought I was a genius.:rofl::rofl::rofl: Late this afternoon we headed for Lowes where I hoped to find a couple of decent sheets of birch ply.:rofl::rofl::rofl: To make a long story short we ended up buying stock, finished cabinets on clearance for less the cost of materials I would have needed.:thumb: Yes, I opted to buy, not build. Will my beloved shop occupants ever forgive me?:doh:

Of course, you did a lot of things right, you saved some money, saved time and you made your wife happy with getting the job done quickly :thumb:

Now you have not busted the budget, you have free time and a happy wife.......... looks like a "win-win-win" to me :clap:

No shame in that. The money you saved can go towards buying new tools for the next thing you decide not to build. :p

There is an actual added sneaky bonus that could be had too, if, and I say "IF" the store bought cabinets are not very good (but they were cheap and quick) and they start to fall apart, then you can step up and replace them with shop built quality cabinets, and REALLY be the hero......... :thumb: :D

Told you it was sneaky ;) :rofl:

No shame in your game. You saved money and all the time you saved by not having to make laundry cabinets you can spend on a nice sideboard ;-) Sounds like a win, win to me.

While all woodworking is fun, some is more fun than other. Wall cabinets are not one of the more fun adventures in woodworking as far as I'm concerned. So, use the money saved to buy wood to make something you enjoy doing more.