Golf is a dangerous sport

Jon Lanier

I played in a golf scramble last Monday and did something funky to my hand... specifically my right index finger.

Been in pain all week and finally went and to the doctor. Turns out I tore the tendon's and bone chipped an area of the joint. Now I may or may not need to see a hand surgeon, depends on how it heals.
277704638.jpg

The good news is that I can still turn, I like holding the handle in my right hand, so the guide is still in the uninjured left.

Check out the new fancy splints:

handph3.jpg

Broken at golf

I play a lot of golf. Have a friend who some years ago broke a finger playing golf. Just as you his hand hurt for a few days he finally went to Dr. Had a clean break of a finger.

Maybe both breaks were half done at some other activity and the impact of the golf swing just finished it off.

Well, that's why I stay away from the dangerous sports like golf and rugby. Full-contact kick badminton is where it's at for me. :p

....Full-contact kick badminton is where it's at for me. :p

Vaughn, I heard this will be an Olympic sport in 2012!:D:rofl:

Jon, I hope you heal fast. Good to know you can still turn, what about your scroll work?

BTW I bet that bandage would work well for buffing, just don't go spring for the "Lanier Buffing Set" one wheel/finger at time...takes longer, but hurst less.:D:rofl::rolleyes:

Chuck, My Dad once said that he enjoyed playing Golf. I was suprised because I had never seen him do so, nor mention it. So naturaly I had to ask him about the comment. He replied, "I like watching all the temper tantrums":rofl::rofl:

Several of us played in my younger days. Not that I would have called it playing. we where out to consume as much beer as possible. After a few wrecked golf carts we where uninvited at the local club :D