Getting away from most of it... (dial up warning)

Ned Bulken

Can't say all, since I've got cable and the internet, but I'm on vacation this week... Cabin in the Pocono Mts of PA, rustic as all get out, built in the late '20s, no AC (no need for it either) semi private dock to swim from, gorgeous surroundings and lots of good times with the family.

averyporch.jpg

here's a view from the dock looking across to the community center.
viewfromaverydock.jpg

My DW and our dachshund who went from age 11 to puppy yesterday
okmomnowwhatcopy.jpg

Our youngest getting his feet wet
beachone.jpg

and our other fur person...
prancerm.jpg

Need to send some of that cool weather this way. Was 103 today when I last checked. Waited to mow tonight, came in with not a dry piece of clothing on me.

Place looks real nice. Doing any fishing while there?

Wasn't to bad with dial up Ned, definitely worth it, great place. Bet the blood pressure goes down double digits just looking at the sites. Enjoy. By the way, don't you have a roof to finish? you are the right guy?

thar's loads of fish in the lake, saw a nice rise when I was down at the lake yesterday, but I'm not one for drowning lures or worms, and fly fishing is almost as arcane as turning. I used to go trolling with my dad, but we don't hae a boat currently.
My 'plans' involve a good book or two, several cups of coffee and throwing the tennis ball for the brown fur person to fetch. (her main obsession is retreiving tennis balls until my arm falls off)
Then the wife and kids return (middle son is in summer school) along with at least one girlfriend of the older boys, and we're off to the Camelbeach resort for the day. (waterpark at the foot of a ski slope).

Thursday I'm going to try and visit with Ron Sardo, who lives about half an hour from here as it turns out. I'll bring my camera, as I can't wait to see what he's been turning.

Wasn't to bad with dial up Ned, definitely worth it, great place. Bet the blood pressure goes down double digits just looking at the sites. Enjoy. By the way, don't you have a roof to finish? you are the right guy?

roof is on, the gable walls are waiting for my neighbor to finish them up. I tried again the other day before I left, and decided that I would safely view their progress from the ground.

I've been visiting this lake since '66 once a year. So it is very much like a second home (not the same cabin, but same community), and yes the BP does go way down when I'm here.

Need to send some of that cool weather this way. Was 103 today when I last checked. Waited to mow tonight, came in with not a dry piece of clothing on me.

Place looks real nice. Doing any fishing while there?

Maybe send it a little farther south please, got to 104* yesterday, if the grass can grow.... let it. Although, I'll admit, I do not mow grass, the LOML does.

Ted