PRL in Rockler Table

glenn bradley

I mentioned in passing awhile back that I'd picked up a PRL during the last email sale. I was going to wait till the current project was complete before installing it. I didn't have enough time tonight to work on the next phase of the project so I went ahead.

The wrenches reach easily from above. The little $16 Costco lithium screwdriver is my "high speed" adjuster. The old plate is in the background.

PRL-over.jpg

The 5625 looks so small in this thing.

PRL-under.jpg

I re-reinforced the lip of the plate hole. the 5625 is heavy enough but in the PRL it is a pretty good load.

plate-reinforcements.jpg

The paper shims were for reference; I replaced them with foil tape.

Congrats! The PRL is a really slick lift. I'm sure you're going to love it. I got mine on a refurb/return deal a few years back. Saved a little money and still has the lifetime warranty.
I'm guessing you had to enlarge the router opening? If so, you did a great job lining things up. Good idea on the "electric lift" modification. :thumb: I've got a really cheap rechargeable screwdriver, but it doesn't have a chuck either. I'll have to see if I can rig up a socket to work just like you did
Enjoy!! Jim.

Thanks Jim, I did enlarge the opening. The little screwdriver accepts 1/4" hex shaft bits so I picked up a hex shaft to 3/8" square drive adapter for a couple bucks and got the 3/8" drive to 10mm hex piece at Sears. After hearing of others doing some damage using drill motors to move the lift quickly, I thought the little low speed guy was safer. Of course their horror stories have me paying extra attention when doing the motorized winding as well ;-)