The Girl's Wall

Drywall.....smooth???????? Those two words can't be put together!!!! Except when correcting someone.:rofl::rofl:
Man, have you never heard of texture? You get it close, then texture it so that the bad spots go away, know what I mean?:D I hate drywall. I don't do it well. I have developed a texturing process that helps hide the imperfections, and is relatively easy to do. Still hard on the neck though.DSCN2011.jpg (Looks like the battery is getting low again...picture's a little fuzzy.) This is the spare bedroom, and where I have my computer. Two walls this color, two a khaki color. First time using a dark color in the house, but we kinda like it. This is the hopper mounted air splatter method, then knock down after about 30 minutes with a 12" knife. I do the basic drywall, tape, bed, and sand, and retape, bed and sand and retape, well you know what I mean. I then prime the entire room. Next I texture. Medium texture, but not rough at all. Once it fully dries, I run my bare palm over the texture knocking off the bumps, prime again to solidify the texture (drywall compound), then paint 1 to 3 coats, depending on the paint. This red has 3 coats of Behr, and still looked horrible. I put one coat of Sherwin Williams and it looked great. Didn't believe paint brand made that much difference, but I am a believer now.
If it's Sunday here, it must be Monday in Tokyo. Good luck finishing your project today and getting the girls moved back in to their rooms! Gee, you'll get finished and it's still 4 months 'til Christmas!!:wave: Jim.

Drywall isn't that bad. About once a year now I've got to a little around the house or for a friend. The biggest mistakes made are, trying to make it perfect on the first coat and trying to do both sides of a corner on the same coat. Once you get in the midset of "I'll get that on the next coat" it's not so bad. Three coats are a general rule (and one most like to be done by), but not always the way it does go.

I am a master at drywall. Step one, pick up phone. Step two, mention free steak and beer. Step three, watch my freind make it look easy.:D Now the drywall is done and I did not have to get dirty.

The textured stuff does look great, but I had a bear of a time finding a 12" knife, I very much doubt I'd ever find a gun to shoot that textured stuff:rolleyes:

More coasts, thin coats is surely the trick, and a bright light held at a low angle really makes the sanding go much easier!

I had a dentist appointment this morning, that I'd forgotten about, 2 hours in the pain chair:doh: Now I get to paint, sand and do some more mud........ :rolleyes:

Well, the one wall is done! :thumb:

The other room just needs the final sanding on the final skim coat, sealer, then paint, I hope to have it done by tomorrow, fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

Well, I did get the wall done today, mostly, some minor loose ends, like I have to find the box of baseboard that I have (I KNOW I have a box of it....... somewhere!!) and a few other small things, but BOTH girls are in the very own rooms now, and boy are they BOTH happy!!:D

Tonight, we had to move the upright piano from Erika's room, it will reside in the hallway, but it would not "turn" out the door :eek: I had to tip it up on end, onto a 4 wheeled cart, like you use for moving stuff, no handles, and I could NOT lift that stinking piano up far enough, by myself to get it near a balance point, so I got the younger daughter to hold the cart, and the older daughter to help me lift, and with my 14 year old daughter helping, I could lift it to that balance point, so we could tip it up onto the cart :thumb: I could lift one end about 10" off the floor, but I needed to lift it a bit higher than that. Erika, my eldest daughter, could almost lift one end off the ground, just about, not bad, I guess helping out the liquor shop, lifting cases of beer around helps build muscles :thumb:

I sure hope that I can get some time into the Dungeon......