Post Your Woodhauler

Jim Young

In recent post by Rick I came to the idea of having everyone post a pic of what they are using to haul lumber. So I'll start.

2003 F150
34front.JPG

More here.

Okay...this is what I use to Haul Ash.

(you knew it was coming, didn't ya?)

Attachments

• 69chevelle2.jpg
    69chevelle2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 11
I have 2 neither are new or even close to new or as spectacular is some of the haulers most of you may have.
But when they sit in the driveway they don't cost me anything accept the license fees & insurance. The little one is my every day vehicle & little travler. The big one handles the big items & real grunt work.:)

Attachments

• A1 mytruck S10.jpg
    A1 mytruck S10.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 23
  • A1 myTruck.jpg
    A1 myTruck.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Usually the lumber I use is delivered by a flat bed truck from the local lumber yard, but when I'm not getting lumber delivered for my jobsites, and I'm not "Haulin Ash"...... I use my 2001 Chevy pickup to get the stuff I need to haul in smaller quantities, to the jobsite and to my shop.

Attachments

• 100_2794.jpg
    100_2794.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 11
I haul what I can in my 2004 F-150, but for most wood runs, I hook up the trailer I built a couple of years ago. With tandem 3500 Lb. axles, it totes about all you can cram on it. The trailer was a 26' RV frame and axle assembly, and a good friend and I cut it down and built this trailer over the winter. For the $350.00 I have invested in it, I couldn't ask for anything more! ;)

Attachments

• trailer8.jpg
    trailer8.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 15
  • 04f150.jpg
    04f150.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 13
tod, every time I see what you get to drive I get envious....then I want to put in a big block, headers and flames, some cool rims,Muncie 4 spd.....stop teasin me.:D

the ol` lady would skin us both!.......hers has an upgraded motor, a `59 235 full pressure oiler........but only `till i get the babbit pounder rebuilt:rolleyes: .......she`s dead set on keeping it original....but i agree a lil`ol 502bb with a tremek behind it would be lotsa fun......best saved for fiberglass and tube frames though.....both of ours are all metal and it`d be a shame to rod out another old chevy.....they`re gettin` scarce...tod