Time travel and tool archeology Part II

Well, as promised, here you have some more pics...

Talking about messy benches...
b01.jpg
Some tongue and groove making planes that haven't touched wood for years
b02.jpg
Strange enough, a somewhat "modern" rubber mallet with a hand made handle. If someone is interested the hairy thing is not a paleface scalp but a horse's tail hair, to make a sort of whip to be used in a traditional celebration here. Quite an interesting celebration I must say...
b03.jpgb04.jpg
Cobwebs, are real not movie props!
b05.jpg
A general view of the shop... with wood beams that seem to be at their limit!
b06.jpg
A jointer plane that has seen better times...
b07.jpgb08.jpg

That lumber are 1 ,3/4 inch oak boards that I'm going to use to make the door I mentioned in a previous post. Notice the floor "sediments", I checked its thickness and it was about 4 to 6 inches of sawdust and shavings. It felt like walking on a matress, actually after being there working for about 8 hours my feet were aching.
b09.jpg

Some more plane bodies beyond hope I found buried in wooddust, wedges and blades gone...
b10.jpg

Thanks for looking, more pics on the way in Part III!

Wow, that really is like stepping back into a time machine. Although it looks like it has been neglected for a long, long time, you can still see that a lot of work has been done in that space. I'll bet that shop could tell some interesting stories.

You can also see that dust collection was not a priority back in the old days. :rolleyes: :p

You know what, with a large shovel and a lot of work, I bet you could make that place into a great workshop, once again, might take a year or two, of weekends and after work sessions, but I'm sure with what is there, plus the addition of maybe a bandsaw, and a DC ;) a guy could make a fine workshop out of what is there, too bad is it so far away from you Toni. :(

I guess you do not have space for the combo machine at your house, which is too bad, because I'm betting you could fix up that machine and it would work another generation or two.

A very interesting set of pictures and posts Toni, keep them coming! :thumb:

I guess you do not have space for the combo machine at your house, which is too bad, because I'm betting you could fix up that machine and it would work another generation or two.

Well, in fact I do have the space, and if not I would move heaven and earth to find it just for the pleasure of "healing" that machine.

Actually I asked about the possibility of buying it but the man said angrily that too many people are after it and that he would not sell it while he's alive.

After that I found wise not to ask for the rest of the tools until I made friends with him...