Bowdark Bowl

Shane Starnes

Wood was very dry and hard as a rock!!!

Finished with General Finishes Outdoor Oil and Beall Buff all 3 wheels.
It's almost 6" wide and a little over 3" deep.
bowl1.JPG

bowl2.JPG

Ooh, that's a nice one, Shane. :thumb:

Seems like a lot of the nice wood species are hard as a rock when dry. I've been working on a dry carob bowl that I thought was gonna beat me to death.

I very much like this one, nice shape and the wood is super :thumb:

If it was 12" wide, I'd say it looks like a bowl my mom used to have to make cookies in.:thumb:

Thanks everyone.

Yea Frank I love the way it finishes and looks but it is much more fun when its green!!!

By the way I now have another white shirt with a yellow front.....man I got to stop doing that.

LOL. :laugh2: Yes, very hard. But, personally, I class turning woods two ways: hard but enjoyable to turn and hard but difficult to turn. I enjoy turning seasoned OO. BTW, I must use a mask when cutting OO on the bandsaw as the dust irritates me. Shavings from the lathe don't seem to be troublesome. And, I wear old clothes or a smock when turning. ;)

Thanks everyone.

Yea Frank I love the way it finishes and looks but it is much more fun when its green!!!

By the way I now have another white shirt with a yellow front.....man I got to stop doing that.

Great looking bowl Shane. :thumb: I have a few yellow stained t-shirts too, and quite a few black stained ones from oak and walnut too...:eek: