Anyone have the Monster Hollowing System for the Jet Mini ?

Doug M Jones

I have been saving for the Monster Hollowing system for the Jet Mini and wondered if anyone has first hand experience. Any information you could provide would be great.

Thanks,
Doug

Doug, I haven't used the mini Monster rig, but even if it's half as stout as the full-size rig, you'll love it.

Frank, I have some of Don's "blems", and they are indeed a good deal, but they are a totally different beast...freehand vs. captive hollowing. ;)

I have the Monster Articulating arm rig and it is a great unit. I have seen the mini Monster and it is just as well made. For the money and you get everything you need (you don't have to buy the extra's) you can't go wrong. I love mine. By the way I also have the monster captured system that I have setup and leave setup on one of my lathes.

Doug, I haven't used the mini Monster rig, but even if it's half as stout as the full-size rig, you'll love it.

Frank, I have some of Don's "blems", and they are indeed a good deal, but they are a totally different beast...freehand vs. captive hollowing. ;)

Understood. But still worth checking out as part of the decision making process. After seeing all the praises for the captured system, I'm kinda wishing I had gone that route. But the tool buying has to come to an end someday. :eek:

Doug, I have the larger system... this has been shown to members of our club, once they see the quality and how smooth it works they get one. All of Randy's tools are first class.

Understood. But still worth checking out as part of the decision making process. After seeing all the praises for the captured system, I'm kinda wishing I had gone that route. But the tool buying has to come to an end someday. :eek:
Ya know Frank, you're already pretty close to having the pieces you need for a captive rig. A "D" handle could be fabbed up at your local welding shop for not a lot, and the captive rear rest can be shop-made out of plywood. ;) Your Don Pencil boring bars would plug right in to the rest of it. ;)