Just shoot me now! Please!

Bill Lantry

Oh, boy...

So I'm building the playhouse roof in the shop, just because it's easier that way, but I've never done anything like that before, and I'm inventing new things, etc, it's frustrating.

Meanwhile, Doorlink has been driving the truck for the last few months, which leads to unimagined difficulties. A soprano with a truck! Quick, everyone duck!

And she's got sharp eyes... so she can see stuff by the side of the road, and she's got a way to get it home...

So here's what I found when I got home from work last night:

door 001 (Medium).jpg

door 002 (Medium).jpg

door 003 (Medium).jpg

door 004 (Medium).jpg

Yikes! It's never been installed. One pane is broken. It's a steel clad entry door, and it's durned heavy. I looked at her, all 113 pounds, and asked her "how'd you get that in the truck?"

"I don't know. I wanted it, so I just picked it up!"

"Ok, pick it up now!"

Of course, she couldn't. Yet another mystery. I got the molding off, and got the glass insert out. Does anyone have any experience replacing something like this? I haven't even got the broken pieces of glass out, and I'm typing with three bandaids on my fingers! :doh:

door 005 (Medium).jpg

door 006 (Medium).jpg

I looked at it and said "It's going to take a lot of work!" She said "aw, come on: it's one weekend!"

Please! Just put me out of my misery! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
wooda saved you the trouble chuck if i knew where the belt way was?????

Larry,

The area inside the beltway is the source of most of the imbroglios in our fair nation. If you click this link: linky
the little red dot is where I'm sitting as I type. The three branches of government are all within a couple miles of here, as the crow flies... so we're sitting here right smack in the middle of the next potential ground zero... ;)

495 is the actual beltway. Yes, it's not just a metaphor, it's a real road... ;)

The shop itself is actually just outside the beltway.

Hope this clears things up! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
Ok Bill I'll put you down. but only if I can have all your Festool stuff:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Chuck,

You must be kidding! If I fell over tomorrow, Doorlink would have someone lined up to run all those tools! After all, husbands are a dime a dozen, but tools are an investment, and besides, the house still needs work! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I dont know what to tell you about that door Mr. Lantry, but whatever you are feeding that little kid, the one holding up that heavy door, you should market and patent immediately.

From my experience it would be easier to install if she would of got the frame that went with the door.:D

I did see some tv show where they replaced a broken piece of leaded glass, it didnt look like anything I wanted to tackle.

Good luck and tell Doorlink to keep looking. Theres no telling what she will bring home tomorrow.

Randy