cruise and Gustav

It still might happen. Wife has been on phone all day. Carnival has not cancelled and will not be putting out word until a.m. But, they say it is still probably a 'go'. Current forecast is even further west which should make Mobile OK. Our flight now goes to Mobile. Word is that New Orleans is completely shut down, that's probably on the news by now. All involved services have been very cooperative in making changes. If I don't post anything in a.m., you will know we are gone. :thumb:

We are home. Not happy but home. As of early this morning, Carnival still had not made a decision on our cruise. The decision was to be made about 9 a.m. Our plane was scheduled to leave Little Rock airport at noon and we were supposed to be there about two hours early. So, we left the house at 7 a.m. for the three hour drive. We were about half way to LR when both our cell phones rang. Wife got a call from our son who was checking Carnival on the internet. I got a call from our travel agent. Both said same thing. Cruise delayed until Wed. and shortened. We would get a large partial refund plus a generous credit towards another cruise. That would have meant lolling around a motel in Mobile, Alabama, without a car for three days. Expensive and not sounding like a ton of fun. We turned around and came home. Wife spent most of the two extra road hours on the cell phone cancelling the flights and hotel. The airlines charged us a fortune for the changes and cancellations. Could have taken a nice two or three day vacation at Branson, MO for what Delta charged us just to cancel. One would think that under these circumstances the airline would understand just how far a bit of good PR and customer satisfaction can carry in the long run.
Enneyhow, as an alternate, I told wifey I would get a Jon boat. We could paddle it across Bull Shoals Lake (a cruise) and toss some bedrolls onto a gravel bar in a hidden cove. We would bring a case of beer then just snuggle and smooch under the stars. I'm a real romantic and think of nice things like this all the time. For some reason she didn't respond well at all to that idea. Wimmins is strange. Mebbe after another 43 years I'll begin to understand them.
Thank y'all for your concerns. I was confident the ship Captain would steer away from the storm and Carnival would risk neither the passengers or their ship. We will be picking a date for another try.