round two-new wood

larry merlau

ok i have the first coat on this project, but now have to make new glass inset doors, still distrught:( but before i make another mistake, i think i shouold wait to finish the project till i get the new doors done. reason being the color will be easier to match with just one tone on it so far. is that logical or am i being foolish? the project is cherry and had 5 days of suntan and now has one coat of shellac,

Being far from an expert, I try to complete one application of finish on all parts in one session. This may be an assembled piece if small or a bunch of parts if I am putting one or more coats of finish on before a larger assembly. It seems like that way I can deal with any matching issues while the same batch of finish is in the same state.

Folks that are better at this seem able to finish things up as they choose. My finishing phase still holds a little more drama although my glue-ups have gotten calmer as time goes by :eek:.

i was tryun!!!

glen i was tryun that when the door decided it had other palns so i am in a pickle here:) see got all my parts one coat like you suggest but have anew set of doors to make now.. i got some advice earlier that said to wait tilli get the new doors done so that is where i am headed.. those folk who say "its just wood" are crazy;) it was hard enuff for the redneck to get it to where it was let alone do it again...but hey i did get potty trained after several failed attemps:rofl:

Josh Larry, I just couldn't put my finger on what would make this "extra" special, and then it hit me. Why don't you turn some nice little spindles and place them on the sides of the window. I understand you are pretty good with the lathe. :rofl:

Josh Larry, I just couldn't put my finger on what would make this "extra" special, and then it hit me. Why don't you turn some nice little spindles and place them on the sides of the window. I understand you are pretty good with the lathe. :rofl:

hey i wood frank but i jist sold the last spinny thing i had:D it was the button for the privey house door:)