Forum Logo Contest: And the winner is....

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if you've been following the poll in the Family Woodworking Logo Contest, you will know by now that entry number 9 was the winner. For those who haven't seen it, here's the winning entry:

FW%20Logo%202%20800T.jpg

Give me a little time and I'll get it in place on the forum pages.

We'd like to send a big THANK YOU all of the folks who submitted logos for the contest. The participants were (in alphabetical order, not the order the entries were displayed):

Bill Arnold
Jeff Horton
Allen Levine
Vaughn McMillan
Darren Wright
Sean Wright

We have some cool plans coming up that will involve the new logo. (Think t-shirts and coffee cups.) Stay tuned for more on that.

And since I guess I can't hold out much longer...the winner is...

Me. :eek: (And I didn't even vote for either of my own logos.) :rolleyes:

Out of fairness (and pending agreement from the prize donors), I'm going to pass the prizes forward to another forum member. Stay tuned for more details on that one. ;)

Very nice. I was concerned over how I was going to engrave some of the proposed logos. This one should be fine with many options for material.

Vaughn - Can you send me a high quality version of the logo and info on what fonts were used?

Good suggestion, Randy. There are a bazillion styles available, but a lot of them have "issues" too. We'll do some digging around (or tweaking of our own styles) and see what we can come up with. If nothing else, I know I can make the background (the white rectangle around the outside of the oval) match the background at the top of the page. I'll have to figure out how to display different GIF files for each style, but it should be doable.

I also just noticed that the "Smart Brown" style doesn't even display the logo. (That particular style is one we tried when we first set up the forum, then it became the neglected red-headed stepchild because not everything worked right.)

Congratulations, Vaughan!

If I hadn't voted for one of my own designs, I would have voted for yours. I like the rounded corners and shading on your design. At the last minute, I almost changed one of mine to be more of an oval, but was on a trip and didn't have ready access to some of my graphics.