I think I busted myself!

Well... as it says I busted myself.

I have been working quite a lot these holydays on that cellar door, by a lot I mean from 8:30 AM until 9 9:30 PM with a short break for lunch.

I have enjoyed it a lot but... it seems that due to that much work and not having the proper tools I have developed a bi-lateral carpian tunnel syndrome.

It is affecting both my hands and preventing me to do almost any sort of hand work movement. When I get up I have to raise and hold my mug of coffe with my two hands. :(

At night the pain and my fingers going numb prevent me to sleep. At day time it eases a bit but I'm unable to do any effort with my hands.

Typing and using the mouse, specially the mouse, is a torture I think I will not post for while or rather scarcely but I'll keep both eyes on you guys! so behave yourselves!:D

While I'm typing this I'm saying all sorts of not allowed adjectives.:soapbox: I've tried to answer and read some of previous post but I can't stand anymore.

So I'll leave it here.
PS. Untill I get better I have to wear this as much as I can, specially at night.
My wife is starting to call me woodstupidworker, she is right but how could I know?

Attachments

• hands1.jpg
    hands1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 51
sorry to hear your busted toni

but maybe you just need a braeak,, this hasnt been a good wknd for alot of us.. take some advill and see us in the mourning:) or some strong alcoholic bev.

Toni,
She's wrong how was you supposed to know you were going to get carpel tunnel. Although she is the wife so she can call you anything she wants. :D Just ask mine she has a few choice 4 letter words she uses to describe me :D I had it by repetitive motions when I worked for American Standard making toilets (be nice guys) Once I had the surgery to fix it it feels a lot better now hopefully you can cure it without surgery.

Sorry to see you broke yourself, Toni. Let your hands and wrists rest, and do what the doctors tell you to do. I'm wishing you a fast and painless (as possible) recovery. :wave:

Sorry to hear about that Toni. About a year and a half ago I over did it re-doing the electrical and wall board in the shop. My reward was a case of tennis elbow. The only cure? About a year of rest. I had this 25 years ago on the other elbow and was hoping that medical science had come up with a quicker cure. . . nope.

The upside is that is does get better IF you follow doctor's orders even though they seem extreme. Another side benefit; after using a mouse left handed for a year I can now use either hand and just don't care.

Get better as soon as you can.

hey, tough break, good luck,

the braces are only immobilizing your wrists so you dont aggrevate the tendons anymore. Dont risk the constant pain, take a break and kick back till you feel better.

Ill post some pics of my work so you can get a good laugh now and then while your recuperating.

Ouch! I hurt just reading about your wrists! The only thing you can do is rest the tendons. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts.

Wes

Wrists update

Hey Guys.

Thanks a lot for your encouraging and caring words, I appreciate and needed them a lot.

Today I had a EMG ( Electromyography) exploration, the doctor who made it said that both hands nerves are pinched or caught. Those are the bad news, the good news are that it seems the pinch is not as serious as it seemed at the beginning.

On friday I have to bring the results of the exploration to the traumathologist, and he will instaure a treatment or whatsoever and tell me what to expect.

Meanwhile, my shop is silent, neat and tidy, I go down it, caress my tools, my bench and look at the wood... think of new projects but I feel so uncapable:(. As if I didn't knew I'm just realising that I'm a woodworking addict.

Pain seems to recede but slowly, arrrgh!

Sorry guys just releasing some selfpity I guess:) please bear with me

downtime is good, take the lady out to a movie, a play, the zoo, the park, a row in the lake, uh, maybe not a row in the lake.
Great time to visit the local library and start reading up on all the stuff you are curious about.
I often have more downtime lately so Im learning how to cope with the "out of shop blues"

Well Toni, sounds like they feel you can be fixed. Take it easy and dont' work too hard. They've come a long way with technology. A freinds wife had a laser surgery done about a year ago for carpel tunnel. She was able to use her hands the next day, only gave her advil for pain.

Toni, you create great projects. Now is the time to design, if not on paper because of pain, at least in your head. Then we will really have something to look forward to.
Heal well and fast. You will be carving and building before you know it.

Tom

Geez Toni, you folks over in Spain sure treat your "busted" people better than us Americans. When we get "busted" we don't get those nice brown bracelet wraps, all we get are cold hard metal bracelets and they are even chained together limiting movement!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Get well my friend and understand the above is all sarcasm.

Geez Toni, you folks over in Spain sure treat your "busted" people better than us Americans. When we get "busted" we don't get those nice brown bracelet wraps, all we get are cold hard metal bracelets and they are even chained together limiting movement!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Get well my friend and understand the above is all sarcasm.

Hi Jonathan.

That made me laugh out loud. I have to look for other meanings of "busted" there was a bell ringing on the back of my head that maybe I wasn't using the proper word, and saying "I broke myself" didn't sound right to me.
But as far as I know from US movies those bracelets you mention sometimes go togheter with ankle ones to make a "nice bell sound" when walking, don't they? Or those are the real fancy and fashionable ones?:rofl::rofl::rofl: