help me get rid of this moss

allen levine

I tried Roundup and other commercial weed and moss controllers.
I tried at least 4 products over the past 2 years.
It still flourishes.
Any clues how to get this stuff to stop growing in my brickwork walkway?

Attachments

• moss 001 (Medium).jpg
    moss 001 (Medium).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 30
  • moss 002 (Medium).jpg
    moss 002 (Medium).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 17
Some form of copper will do it. My friends dad put some pieces of sheet copper(not installed just layed up there) up on his roof and they killed all the moss and have kept it away for a long time now.

Alan,

Lots of people work hard to get it to grow like that! ;)

If you want to get rid of it, remember: moss likes acid shade. If you buy just one bag of powdered limestone at the borg, and sweep it into the cracks, your moss problem will go away for a good long time...

I would strongly dis-recommend using any kind of poison, as its yucky in itself, and won't change the growing conditions. But if you're really, really sure you never want anything to grow there ever again, lime the moss now, and then in late winter get yourself a box of 20 mule team borax, and sweep that into the cracks.

Trust me, there's a reason they call it "Death Valley" ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Alan,

Lots of people work hard to get it to grow like that! ;)

If you want to get rid of it, remember: moss likes acid shade. If you buy just one bag of powdered limestone at the borg, and sweep it into the cracks, your moss problem will go away for a good long time...

I would strongly dis-recommend using any kind of poison, as its yucky in itself, and won't change the growing conditions. But if you're really, really sure you never want anything to grow there ever again, lime the moss now, and then in late winter get yourself a box of 20 mule team borax, and sweep that into the cracks.

Trust me, there's a reason they call it "Death Valley" ;)

will do, thankyou