Terrible, devastating news................and a compatibility question if I may?????

Mark Rios

As it turns out, my plans to purchase a Sawstop tablesaw just will not work. It simply will not fit in my trailer and allow me to move around, even with a mobile base, as it is 75" long with the 36" rails. I am sooooo upset. I'm having a hard time coping.

So, to try to help with my fragile mental state, I"ve just purchased a MM16 and Grizzly G0593 8" jointer (with the spiral cutterhead). This leads me to my question.....can this Grizzly jointer coexist peacefully with a MM product in the same environment? Or will I have to constantly be stopping confrontations between the two tools? Should I enlist the Unisaw to act as some kind of mediator or Sherriff in order to keep peace?

What to do, what to do???????????????

well mark it depend on if you mind cooking different meals......one likes rice the other pasta.......i`d say if you keep them both well fed they`ll be to sleepy to bicker much;)
congrats on the new toys! tod

Ya I agree Lee Saw Stop would be sploding all the time & flying off the handle. Better to get a Unisaw & good pair of Grr-rippers & get a grip in things before they fly apart. Besides that it less expensive.

Mark get a welder & build two tip outs on the trailer to give you more maneuver room.

Not being in the know about Mini Max, I had to search the web to find out what an MM16 is. Now I know its a bandsaw and it looks like a nice bandsaw to me.

Mark, if you really do have this saw as well as the Grizzley jointer (which also looks quite nice), I congratulate you. Of course, we need to see picture proof. :D And, it would be best to see them on your trailer. I sure wouldn't want to drive around with these big machines on my trailer.

Mark, Mark, Mark,

You're not thinking outside of the box. BIGGER TRAILER

Buy it

By the sawstop

Get to gloat again

Jay

never heard of orzo:eek: ........must not go well with our ozark possum;)

Does ANYTHING go well with ozark possum?

:D

Frank P., I ordered them this morning. The MM should be here Tuesady and the Griz sometime around next Friday. I hope not ON Friday though. I've got a countertop template being done that day on my kitchen remodel job. I pushed them back a week already when I had to rejoist the kitchen floor to support tile and I don't want to have to put them off again just for a silly ol' jointer.

Last edited:
Not being in the know about Mini Max, I had to search the web to find out what an MM16 is. Now I know its a bandsaw and it looks like a nice bandsaw to me...
Have you been hiding under a rock, Frank? :D (Just kidding.) The MM16 gets discussed quite a bit on various forums...it's a real popular saw. I'd like to own something in that class someday. Or something bigger. ;)

Congrats on the tools-to-be, Mark. We'll be looking forward to seeing pics, you stealth-gloating son of a gun. ;)

Vaughn: I think Frank was having some fun....

His ACM looks just like a MMsomething. It even has that hideous "mobility kit"!

joe

As it turns out, my plans to purchase a Sawstop tablesaw just will not work. It simply will not fit in my trailer and allow me to move around, even with a mobile base, as it is 75" long with the 36" rails. I am sooooo upset. I'm having a hard time coping.

So, to try to help with my fragile mental state, I"ve just purchased a MM16 and Grizzly G0593 8" jointer (with the spiral cutterhead). This leads me to my question.....can this Grizzly jointer coexist peacefully with a MM product in the same environment? Or will I have to constantly be stopping confrontations between the two tools? Should I enlist the Unisaw to act as some kind of mediator or Sherriff in order to keep peace?

What to do, what to do???????????????

Hmm....

Like minds.... you and I have the same buying (want to buy) patterns.

Well, my MM16 came yesterday, a day late. And I had to prod them to not hold off for another day. I don't have a pic of it yet but here is a pic of the jointer. There is more about the jointer on the other temp forum.

111jointer.jpg

Anyway, after I got thfe MM16 uncrated and laboriously got it to stand upright in my garage, I looked it over, stood back and said" What the heck did I buy????" I think I over bought a little on this tool. :D It's DEFINATELY 5 or 9 or 12 times what my Griz G0555 was. :D :D

I had to put the mobility wheels on it, roll it to the garage door, lean it backward and lay it back on my shoulder, pull it backward into the garage (my garage door is only 72" high), lay it down on a milk crate, put my floor jack under it (with a maple block so I don't scratch it), get the wheels up off the floor and take them off, let it back down off of the floor jack, get it back onto my shoulder (It's now resting on my shoulder and the back of the base), turn it onto the side of the base, and then stand it up. :eek: :eek: My garage is 78" high and my saw is 75". It will stand up by tilting it from the side but not by tilting it front to back. However, I can use the mobility kit to move it around just fine with about 3/4" of clearance. When you crank the guides all the way up, the guide rod pokes up through the top of the upper housing. When it's extended all the way up, I have about 3/4" to spare; It fits perfect!!! :D :D :D

I do have a concern though already, When I try to crank the guides up and down, the telescoping blade guard binds up and it gets stuck and I have to try to tweak the guard sections to get it to go up or down. I called Mike (my salesperson) at MiniMax and told him about the problem. Personally, I wasn't filled with confidence with his nonchalant demeanor and explanation, which wasn't very clear to me anyway. :huh: :huh: I was disappointed that I would have to fix something on this piece of machinery before I could even set it up but he didn't seem too concerned about that either. I won't be able to spend time setting it up and trying to work out the blade guard problem (why do I have to work out a blade guard problem on a $2300 piece of equipment again?) until Monday or so. I'll let you know what I find.

Anyone have any similar experience or idea about a fix?