You Might Be a Woodworker If.....

Bobby Dietz

You clean your shop and find unopened tools...

I was cleaning the shop and re-orgainizing shelves. I found a router unopened in a box. I suspect it is about 5 years old or more, prior to the last move. :huh: I will have to get photo but this is about what it looks like.

:thumb:

r02605v15.jpg

I cleaned my work area today for the first time in a long time.
Took out all the sheet goods, cut up and ripped tons of old stuff for trash.
All I found was another 5 lbs of sawdust in back of the old sheet goods,. And then another 2 lbs of sawdust lining the shelves in back of that.

I really need a dust collection device, my collectable Genie 2.5 horsepower shopvac is 18 years old, and belongs retired along with my tablesaw.

I was hoping to find one tool I never opened, didnt happen.(I found 4 orange tictacs still in the plastic container, which is strange, cause I dont like orange tictacs that much,I decided best not to eat them at that point, coulda been there for a couple of years)

Last edited:
Hi Bobby :wave:,
If that is what it looks like it should be a pleasure to use.
Those moves can throw you off top dead center.:doh: I hope you get to enjoy this router and the things it can do!:thumb:
Keep us posted of it's use!
Thanks,
Shaz :)

What is this "Shop Cleaning" of which you speak.

My understanding is that it is a mythical beast, spoken of in song & story, but never actually seen.

-Kevin in Indy

Shop cleaning for me is moving logs out of the way to get to my lathe and vacuum around my lathe to find tools that I seem to have misplaced or teh floor to find that bushing that I dropped into five inch deep shavings.

Shop cleaning for me is moving logs out of the way to get to my lathe and vacuum around my lathe to find tools that I seem to have misplaced or teh floor to find that bushing that I dropped into five inch deep shavings.

Have you been snooping around my shop again. Could not find my skew that rolled off in the mountain of shavings. Actually what started the cleaning was not being able to find a single screwdriver. I have 3 sets and multiple 10-in-1 s that I can not find one. I was trying to figure out how to build a stand for the router table. Another poster gave me the perfect solution. A workmate that is sitting in the corner...