LN No.1

Well I had an LN #1 until I sold it on a forum classified about a year ago. Ever visit the local animal shelter and just melt when you see the most adorable little puppy that you have to take home? That's kind of how I ended up getting a #1 at one of the WW shows about 10 years ago. I did use it on some small box panels and some other small scale stuff. I've also got pretty large hands and found it rather uncomfortable to use it for any length of time. It does work very well but I used it so infrequently I just couldn't justify keeping it. If you really want a good small smoothing plane, take a look at Ron Brese's small smoother. More money than a LN but I think it planes even nicer than the LN and it's actually more comfortable to use without a tote.

not a 1 but i have an older 602c that i use to hedge against inflation;)....
a 3 is about as small as i use ken.

hi ken ,

i have a #1 and#2 LN. yes the #1 is a little small for big hands . it is useful for very small stuff but it mostly spends its life sitting on a special shelf in my tool case looking good :D

the #2 is more comfortable to use and i use it regularly on smaller panels and pieces .

Attachments

• LN #1 and #2 a nice pair.jpg
    LN #1 and #2 a nice pair.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 31