Large formica covered countertop: free to a good home

Ned Bulken

Lucked into a freebie yesterday, commercial grade countertop 4' by 8' 1.5" thick with gray ,black and white fleck formica on it over two layers of MDF. Yes folks, this thing is a gut buster. I don't need it, but couldn't see letting someone else get it, or worse, having it put into the dump so I grabbed it. I'm going to give it away if anyone needs it, sing out. Pics later today.

Man, it sounds like a pre-made infeed/outfeed table to me. Just cut it down to size, and mount it on the saw! Another section as a flip up assembly table. But if you can't use it, it's good that you've found some one who can. Jim.

This is exactly how we built our outfeed table. LOML worked for a countertop company at the time we bought our Unisaw, and there were about three counters sitting in the back of the shop that had been rejected--one of them was about 4x8', the others were about 2.5x8'. The big one got turned into not only the outfeed table, but also the right wing and base for the Bies fence, and the others got recycled into tops for our cabinets. We made good use of that rejected stuff.

Good save, Ned. If you can find any more, they can be recycled for all sorts of uses.

Thanks Ned

Ned, Thanks again for the counter top. It was nice chatting with a local woodworker. I made it home without a problem.

Hum, outfeed table. Sounds like a good idea except my shop is so small I would have to climb over it to get thru the shop.

My original thought was a CMS station for the shop. But I am almost done clearing out a room in the house to use for computer repairs. This would make a great computer bench and shelf for these repairs. Both the shop and computer repairs bring in a little $$ for the house, but I am trying to get a side business going in computers so this will probably become the use.

I will get pictures up when the project is done.

Thanks again Ned.

Ralph,
you're most welcome, stop by anytime! Glad to see it being put to good use, and I'll bet the computer repair station will be a nice one. Beware though, that did come from the old Utica Curling Club, so it might 'yell' Hurrrrry! or 'Sweeeep!' from time to time. :rofl: