Anything wrong with this picture?

Wes Bischel

I just caught this picture on a news site -
ikeFINAL.jpg
I certainly hope the gentleman is looking through the scrap/seconds bin!:eek: But I'm going to guess not.:( I suspect neither he nor the photographer noticed anything wrong.

Wes

Nope ... nothing wrong .... that's a special new product for hurricane prone areas. The plywood is convex on purpose. You put the convex side out facing the wind and the stronger the wind, the tighter the wood gets in the frame as it pushes in and straightens.

.... and that's my story and I'm stickin' to it :eek: .

Looks like standard BORG ply to me. What's the problem? Oh, you wanted to build something? I thought you were looking for a surfboard big enough for the whole family to surf out the storm.

I was thinkin' skateboard ramp, but since there's a storm coming, maybe he's building a large airfoil (spoiler) to put on the roof and help hold the house down when the winds come. He's also thinkin' of putting wheelie bars on all the lawn furniture. :p

Wes, I'll suspect he knows it's messed up plywood, and he's checking through the stack in hopes of finding something that has a chance of working. I don't envy his position. I'm sure it's tough to find decent materials in some places during hurricane season.

Anything wrong with this picture?
Most definitely! :wave:

Four sheets are bent one way and the other four
are bent the other way!

Any fool can tell ya , one should, always buy plywood all
bent the in the same direction, it rides better tied to the car roof!

Gee-sh! :doh:

Dave

Last edited:
Dave, I am sorry to correct you but the plywood bent to the left goes on the left side of the house and of course the plywood bent to the right goes on the right side. The gentleman pictured has fewer windows on the right side of his house.:p

Boy, not one of you guys picked it out :doh:

Come on, EVERYONE knows that you NEVER hold the cash register receipt in your mouth, the ink on them things can stick to your lips :eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Most amazing is that folks actually buy junk like that.
'course, with a hurricane on your heels, there might not be any option.
I have never understood why houses built in those storm prone areas do not have permanent, built-on sturdy shutters. :huh: