Death of Woodworker

Bill Satko

I missed it earlier, but apparently a woodworker by the name of Chris Griffith from Alabama died from an accident in his shop on Sept 3rd. This was reported over at SMC.

The following link is to the latest information on the accident.

www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=91983

Unfortunately, there was some "disagreement" in the original post about the accident causing a deletion of that thread and the deletion or modifications of posts in another thread. I am linking you to thread with the latest information.

I hope there is more feedback about the accident so that other woodworkers can learn from this tragic event.

Yikes! I had heard about this, but was unclear on the details.

I've got a laser like that on my miter saw. It would be easy to misconfigure it... I think I had to dispense with a washer to make mine fit.

It's a good reminder we all need to be careful. My thoughts and best wishes go out to his wife and family.

Thanks,

Bill

That is tragic, my thought and prayers go out to the family. I've got one of those lasers as well, will have to keep that in mind. I wonder if the blade guard was in place or not.

As a lone woodworker who often works late in a fairly isolated spot this one kind of comes close to home. My thoughts are with all those affected.