Getting rid of the "Pink Room"

Congrats on getting the grout done, Jim. Whoever did our kitchen and dining room did it wrong, and ended up with a lot of air bubbles in the grout, which are now showing up as holes. One of these days I'm going to have to break out all the failed grout and re-do a bunch of the floor. I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Congratulations on finishing up the grouting!! I found that the microfiber towels were just easier than a sponge.

Another thing I did with the towels was mix up some white vinegar 50/50 with water and clean the grout haze off the tile. I think I waited a day or so before I did this. It really made a difference.

Where you heading to in Oklahoma?

Take care,

Randy

Thanks guys.

Randy, my parents live at Lake Texhoma. A couple stone throws away from the OU Biological Lab, if you know where that is. Wife and I are originally from Ada, OK. Her Dad still lives there. You have some ties to OK?
Vaughn, no, I wouldn't relish the idea of cutting all that grout out and redoing it either. I hope you don't have to do all of it because the new grout won't match the old. I have spots on this floor where I stopped and started yesterday that don't match. And I blended 2 bags of grout so I wouldn't have one bag different than the other. :dunno: But as Glenna said, it will eventually have a rug of some sort on it. :huh: I'm thinking, why did I tile this thing then??? :)
Thanks for following along. Jim.

Jim,

I was born and raised in OKC. Graduated HS in Moore and went to OU. It was nice to watch my Sooners whip up on those Red Raiders last night.:D:D

We spent many a summers at Lake Texoma, fishing around Roosevelt Bridge and Catfish Bay for sand bass.

I also used to sell tires to Larry Robertson, owner of Ada Alignment & Tire. Been there quite a few times. Its a nice town.

Let your grout dry a few days and it might clear up to a more uniform color. If not, give the 50/50 vinegar/water mixture and a toothbrush a shot (think I read this on JB forum).

What else do you have left to do on the room?

Randy

Just finished cutting the base board trim. Took a little less than an hour and a half. Put my 60 tooth laminate blade on the Hitachi slider, worked a lot better. Still need to get a dedicated blade for it with the proper neg hook, but this did alright for a blade that is pretty dull. Had one miter cut (inside corners were coped) and it came out perfect the first time! No one more surprised than me...well, maybe my wife. :rofl::rofl: dscn2147.jpg dscn2148.jpg
LOML will paint the crown molding in the entry later today, and I'll prepaint the base board before I install it. That way I'll just putty the nail holes and touch up the paint next weekend.
Well, I'm going to rest my bones for a little while and watch the rest of the Cowboy game, then start cleaning up some of my mess in the entry. Jim.

I got the threshold cut out and sanded to 220 last night. Smooth enough for me. Stained it tonight after work, and now need to get some more poly to finish it off, then install it this weekend. dscn2152.jpg Profile view: dscn2153.jpg LOML got the crown molding painted in the entry, and now we need more tape to finish painting the crown molding in the "Pink Room", and install and touch up the base molding. THEN, move all the furniture back in. There was a TV left with the house, that works!!, that I will put in there for the students to watch, and for LOML to do videos on. That way I can have my TV back. :D We're even going to put a Christmas tree up this year. Only the second time since we moved in 4 years ago, and probably only the second time in the last 12 years. If we have enough time, I might even put up Christmas lights outside.
So the "Pink Room" is almost gone. There are no visible signs of PINK anywhere, anymore. :thumb::thumb: Still need to find some shades for the ceiling fan light kit. LOML will look for them tomorrow. And we need to order some type of window cover. Probably a nice fabric roller shade with a topper like her studio is.
So we're on the down hill stretch. Thanks for following along. I'll get a picture in 2 weeks with furniture back in. Jim.

WHEWWW!!!! It's basically done! No artwork hung on the walls yet, but it will have to do for now, and the party next Saturday. It's not all perfect, but it will pass. The red oak I got for the threshold to this room is not as "red" as what I got for the threshold on the opposite side of the entry, but again, it will work until I tile the entry and into the short hallway and half bath, and through the entry to the kitchen and family room. The Christmas tree is up, and has lights on it. The top string is a different color than the rest, so LOML will go buy another string and some replacement bulbs to swap out the few on the other strings that are the wrong color. She will work on the rest of the decorations during the week. Have two spots on the door facings to paint. Didn't want to paint that area until I got the threshold in, knowing it would get torn up if I didn't. I'll do that before we go to bed tonight so it will have a chance to dry without the dogs checking it with their tails.:eek:
Pictures? Yeah, I've got three. First is from the far left as you enter the room. dscn2156.jpg #2 is from the next corner clock wise. DSCN2158.jpg And the last is from the next corner, again clock wise. DSCN2161.jpg I didn't take anymore of the entry, as it hasn't changed enough that would show.
Thanks for checking in. Next Saturday the party, then Sunday, I need to start cleaning out the shop, if I get time. We have to start Christmas shopping sometime. :rolleyes:

OK, now what do we call this room? Keep in mind, it will be a place that Glenna's students will wait for lessons, work on computer, and do homework. I'm accepting all ideas! Jim.

OK, now what do we call this room? Keep in mind, it will be a place that Glenna's students will wait for lessons, work on computer, and do homework. I'm accepting all ideas! Jim.

Principals Office??:D

The room looks real good. Nice to have something finished isn't it.

Randy