faceplate ?

Frank Fusco

Getting ready to mount my 6" faceplate and noticed, for the first time, that the screw holes are in an irregular pattern. Dunno why. :dunno:
Can only guess that, for some reason, this gives a stronger hold than a circle.
Enneybody know for sure?
BTW, this is a Grizzly faceplate, please, no "It's a Chinese thing." replies. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• faceplate.jpg
    faceplate.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 8
Getting ready to mount my 6" faceplate and noticed, for the first time, that the screw holes are in an irregular pattern. Dunno why. :dunno:
Enneybody know for sure?
BTW, this is a Grizzly faceplate, please, no "It's a Chinese thing." replies. :rolleyes:

Connect the dots for the three that are closest to the outside, then connect the dots for the three that are closest to the center.

a 3" faceplate is one that is preferable to a 6" faceplate.

Can I say it's a "Frank thing" without getting in trouble?:D

Enneybody know for sure?
Only a guess, 'cause I don't do spinny stuff, is that it insures that, should you need to remove your turning, it goes back on exactly the way it came off.:dunno:

Frank I bought one and oneway explained to me that it has greater holding power. Don't know for sure but the one I use where the holes are not in a circle does seem to hold better especially on big out of round pieces and six holes are better than 3.