Looking for a Router Book

Bob Wiggins

Former Member (by the member's request)
If you have a favorite book on the use of the router and router table I would certainly appreciate your recommendation. I don't have expensive equipment nor do I build projects on commission (just Family Woodworking) so a good general book would do.

Thanks, Bob

If you have a favorite book on the use of the router and router table I would certainly appreciate your recommendation. I don't have expensive equipment nor do I build projects on commission (just Family Woodworking) so a good general book would do.

Thanks, Bob

The Complete new Router Book for woodworkers.
Chris Marshall

I purchased it at Barnes and Noble.

Has everything, from what bits youll probably need, their uses, how to maintain,techniques, how to use, handheld, table, has color pictures of everything, including every bit, and also has some projects for all levels at the end.

Last edited:
Bob,
couple of good router books I've gotten a lot out of
'Router Magic'
and 'Woodworking with the Router' by Bill Hylton. (whom I met recently, nice guy!)

And just 'cause we have a few pros here I bet the vast majority are Family woodworkers. Heck, even the Pros are Family Woodworkers, so don't be shy ,enjoy your hobby!

Bill Hylton's book in the revised edition is one of the very best WWing books I've read. First of all because of the oustanding photographs. But the teaching methods are well thought out. The instructions just seem to stick in the old 'noggin.

I only wish there was a little more discussion of making signs with a router.

Gary Curtis:)