Big Walnut Vase

Here is my second segmented piece. Walnut (with a lot of sapwood). The shoulder ring is curly soft maple and the detail is orange wood. 23" tall 13" dia. Finished with DO then poly. I still need to rub it out to take down the gloss a bit. 496 segments I reckon. Haven't a clue what I'm going to do with it. No safe place from dogs and kids to display it in our house, and I doub't it would sell at the craft shows I ply. My super long hollowing tool sure came in handy;). Thanks for looking, Barry

Attachments

• big walnut vase.jpg
    big walnut vase.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 115
That's sweet, Barry. Very nice piece. I'm with Bernie...slap a price on it and see who bites. You might be surprised.

Beautiful. Must be very impressive in person, as large as it is. I'll betcha it is saleable, put a large enough price on it to attract the high end folks. Give it an arty name and then double that price. :rolleyes:

Great looking vase Barry! Love the form and size! I would think your vase would work as a magnet at a show - pulling people in to take a look! I'm sure it would sell - just make sure the price is high enough to comp for all the time you put into it! Best of luck!

Very very nice. Even thinking about doing a small segmented vessel makes me start sweatin and breakin out in chills. I don't have the time to have patients for something like that even on a small scale.:thumb:

Thanks for the comments, all. As some suggested, I think I'll use it as a display at my booth that will hopefully draw in shoppers, put the price I think it's worth on it, and see what happens.