The wood shed!

Tom Niemi

Staff member
After my labor day wood find I really needed additional wood storage. There is a smaller room connected to my work shop that was used for general storage of good stuff (actually mostly forgotten junk :p) So cleared the room, took the lead of Larry's wood storage, shrunk to WAY down from his to meet my application and came up with the following. 1st pic is the junk room, then how it is now. I'm really happy on how It came together from flat storage to sheet storage.

Thanks for looking, Tom.

Attachments

• Da Wood Shed 016 (550 x 733).jpg
    Da Wood Shed 016 (550 x 733).jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Da Wood Shed 029 (550 x 733).jpg
    Da Wood Shed 029 (550 x 733).jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Da Wood Shed 030 (550 x 733).jpg
    Da Wood Shed 030 (550 x 733).jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Da Wood Shed 032 (550 x 733).jpg
    Da Wood Shed 032 (550 x 733).jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Da Wood Shed 033 (550 x 733).jpg
    Da Wood Shed 033 (550 x 733).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 106
one suggestion!

:Dtom looks like it came out pretty good there,, but on your sheet storge i would make a change,, the uprights on the floor wonbt be there long,, your gonna trip over them and the way you have them anchored if the flat sheets did decide to slid down the strength isnt as good as it could be.. here is what i would do first of all you want your sheets as perpendicular as you can have them and stil stand alone ,, today sheet goods are alredy heading towards warp when we get it,, dont want to give it more chance to do so before we get to the project we going to use them for.. take and allow say 16" max floor space and lay 2x4 on top of your runners and then anchor it to the runners it will only be 3" total hiegt yet hold much more in shera strength.. and you wont have to pick up your sheets so high and the wont have to navigate around the short posts you now have.. other than that you dun good bud..:thumb:

I do have back support for the sheets to held with warpage. I just took those supports form my old area. and your idea make good sence as I have tripped over them in the old location. Those ideas will be put into place this afternoon. Whats a little more tearout and rebuild anyway :p. Thanks for the ideas larry.

Tom

Thanks Jason, when I am thru building my kitchen (mission design) that wood will be used in shaker/arts& crafts style furnature. I will be visiting your websight often to see what I am making should really look like :thumb:

Tom

Don't know what I'm more envious about...the wood itself, or the fact that you have that room to store it. :p Nice job. :thumb: