Finally finished my Router Table

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Built this last year some time. Just the top and the carcass on wheels. I've been pushing it around the shop with boxes of router stuff just tossed in the bottom.

The Wife and I have been doing a 'staycation' the last week. Did a bit of some camping last week, and have been doing woodworking since Friday.

Finally got around to building some drawers and finishing out the router cabinet.

It aint pretty. Just HD plywood and converted 2x4 (jointed and planed), but I'm liking it. It's got dust collection plumbing, top height adjustment, built in 'Lectricity' and more storage than I know what to do with...

routertable.jpg

Now that I'm done messing around with 'organizational' projects, time to do some flatwork. Got a pot rack to build and an end table to for the living room...

Hi Brent :wave:,
That looks like a perfect piece! :thumb: Just knowing you "are liking it" says it all:clap:. That piece that serves your purpose is the perfect thing. It will evolve as wil our skills over time. That is part of the exciting part of wood working. Congratulations!
Shaz :)

Brent

Pretty fancy set up you got there looks like you have a real nice fence & lots of storage & all the goodies.:thumb::thumb::thumb::D I sure would like to get a closer look.

I'll make a cabinet for my table at a later date probably after I move to a bigger shop. For now portability & function are what I need, The shop vac hooked to the fence gets most of the dust because I am doing mostly edge milling.

Well, It isn't perfect by a long shot, but I did learn a bit about building cabinets, and pocket screws, and putting in drawer slides, and false fronts.

The drawers are pretty darn simple Normie types, no fancy joinery. Pretty much biscuits and glue and pneumatic pnails.

My next couple of pieces will be more traditional, but I needed to get a little more organized.

I just like it when a cabinet for a tool can hold all of it's stuff.

Bart, I can get some more close up pics if you want, but that would just make all the little flaws stand out more :D

Well, It isn't perfect by a long shot, but I did learn a bit about building cabinets, and pocket screws, and putting in drawer slides, and false fronts.

Looking good. Building shop fixtures is a great way to learn skills without breaking the bank. I often try new joints or techniques on a shop piece. As long as its functional it may as well be a learning piece as well. You're gonna love all the storage :thumb:. . . Come to think of it, I can't remember a shop piece I've built that doesn't have at least one drawer in it :D

P.s. GREAT expression on the dog in your avatar.

...and more storage than I know what to do with...
Ain't no such thing. If you don't know what to do with empty space, then you're not trying hard enough. :D

The router table came out looking great, and being an Incra guy myself, I suspect it works great, too. Enjoy!